Age of Wonders: Planetfall by Triumph Studios

I think it does. In AoW3 units heal only in cities or on special sites. Maybe for this game they’re extending that for some units to all territory within your borders.

Eh?

Units always heal in AoW3.

edit: I thought I was going crazy, so i booted the game up to check.

+6hp every turn regen

exception draconians, +12 hp.

Healing skill is +25 hp per turn, overflows from one unit to the next.

ahh your reply interrupts my reply!

You’re right. Heal faster, I should have said.

Hospitals and one specific shrine etc etc.

Now combining the idea of sectors, the need to connect sectors to cities to make them useful, and if I am right and that screenshot means friendly territory only regeneration, then it is a definite game changer, and a massive brake on fast expansion.

Yeah, the question is if that particular buff applies to just certain units or to all of them. It might be a perk I could see being limited to defensive units to make them more effective in holding their home turf. That said, the Phoenix Walker above looks anything but defensive. Can’t wait to find out more about this.

This is the best screenshot I’ve seen yet. Must play asap.

New diary up!

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/age-of-wonders-planetfall-dev-diary-6-combat-units-1.1111252/

Yeer a good man, Scott Lufkin. A good man, you is.

In preparation for the imminent diary, I present a link to *all* the diaries:

Global Resources Diary
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/age-of-wonders-planetfall-dev-diary-8-the-global-resources.1113138/

That all sounds great to me. I like the idea of using resources to “enforce” NPC/AI diplomacy options, and also I am a fan of making the tier 3 and 4 units cost a rare resource to keep down on how many high end units end up in stacks towards the end game in 4X titles. This is all sounding pretty great so far.

New diary.

NPC factions, and Diplomacy (vs. AI)

Dooooooope.

It sure looks cool.

Yeah, I have to admit I was kind of on the fence as I didn’t see where they’d go with the new setting that would make it better than III, but … well, I’m sold.

There are so many changes that I am very excited.

And every dev diary gets me more interested.

I’m forcing myself to down the internal hype meter.

It occurred to me that there is possibly an orbital layer to this game. Given the similar underground that AoWIII had.

This game will be pre-order material for me. I don’t think Triumph can get my money fast enough now.

I don’t think there is an orbital layer, as in a map layer, as such.

I do think there are special ops, like bombardment, which could be interpreted as an orbital layer.

My impression is they want the game to be very solidly a terrestial 4x.

This weeks topic covers creating your character (faction commander)!

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/age-of-wonders-planetfall-–-dev-diary-11-faction-customization.1116000/

Man, that tech tree that is unique based on your faction setup is really cool. I love being able to spend “perk” and “vice” points to customize your leader’s abilities (and even starting equipment). My only wish is that it looks like your weapon groups are based on your race, and while it’s probably for the best that each race has a unique feel (and some of that comes from the type of weapons they can use) it would have been neat to be able to select different weapon groups for each race. Maybe that is how it works and I’m mis-understanding?