Age of Wonders: Planetfall by Triumph Studios

So one could say that … art is subjective? And @JoshoB might be right, it might be that when you play the game and know what the bits and bops represent it’s a lot more meaningful. But I also felt the picture @Enidigm used to represent Plantefall was maybe the worst one I’d ever seen (and he also picked the best AoW3 looks - which in my opinion is in the green/forest areas, though I hasten to add AoW3 still looks gorgeous to me, no reason to reduce one in order to elevate the other, imo) - it seems low quality somehow, like the settings are lowered from what I’m used to, but I can’t put my finger on it.

I still think my own screenshots have been very representative. Here are some I took recently from three different games.

(Note on this one I used Amazon tech to create several forests for powerful in-game effects)

(Note on this one PyrX gas is slowly filling the game world, waiting for me to ignite it to my Doomsday victory)

Also note on the second two I have the Hex map enabled, which I like the look of, but I have it off in my most recent game - I can’t decide if I like it on or off, so it’s off for now, and that top screen is from the most recent game.