Age of Wonders: Planetfall by Triumph Studios

Thanks for the offer, that’d be fun. At the moment I feel like I’m making progress, so it’s all good. I think that’d be fun to do when I feel like I’ve got the basics down more.

I finally finished off my first Empire game, capturing the Kirko capital on Turn 123. The end was a bit of a slog, but that’s probably more due to my not understanding how to play/win effectively and the passive AI on the easiest levels.

The Empire stuff is super cool, and a lot more stuff is starting to make sense now that I can see the results of the first game and how it’s impacted my Empire. At the end of the game, you get the following results tally that shows all the XP you got with the various factions and secret techs. About halfway through my game I started to wonder if some of the XP-bearing quests I was getting in the game were related to Empire progression, and it turns out they are.

Lastly, Empire mode tracks your game’s main hero stats and results, and levels them up as well. Apparently these heroes can be recruitable heroes that show up in your subsequent games, or of course you can just use them as the main hero in future games as well.

I’m sure all this stuff is written up in the description for Empire mode, but it took me playing through things to make more sense.

Fun times. I’m looking forward to trying a second world.