Age of Wonders: Planetfall finally launches into space on November 10

Title Age of Wonders: Planetfall finally launches into space on November 10
Author Tom Chick
Posted in News
When October 14, 2020

No one who's actually spent time with Age of Wonders: Planetfall would accuse it of being a sci-fi skin draped over an Age of Wonders fantasy skeleton.

Read the full article

What!? This sounds really cool.

This is my interested face.

Too bad they weren’t able to find the time to get that working in MP, would have been a fun way to chain skirmish sessions together with my friends. I love meta strategy layers like this.

Oh, they’re Boneyardsing it! Kind of. Great idea!

Totally agree. I enjoy anything that takes a singular result from a strategy game like this and folds it into something bigger. Campaigns (branching is better!), achievements, and even high-score boards are all things I’d toss in this category. But this is taking it to another level.

Pretty excited for this, and I bought the Season Pass at release so it looks like I already own Star Kings DLC. Nice.

Same boat. Can’t wait to try this.

Yeah, this Galactic Empire feature looks great – it’s more interesting to me than the new mech-like faction. I read through a thread about the DLC on the Paradox forums and learned that it will be single-player only, which is fine with me.

I still have many questions, though. How many planets can there be in the Empire, or for that matter how many planets are there in our galaxy? And if conquering a planet gives us bonuses when we take on the next planet, are these bonuses cumulative? Will I have 60 bonuses when I’m attacking planet #60? I’m guessing we’ll have to select a loadout of bonuses, but maybe not?

This is the thread I mentioned: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/announcing-dlc-3-for-age-of-wonders-planetfall-star-kings.1435822/

As ever, I find myself in agreement with the esteemed gentleman in white.

I really need to get back to this, especially since it should play fine one handed while holding an infant in the other, and that’s basically my first criteria for a game these days.