Agents of Mayhem - Volition's post Saints IP

Single player, open world.

MAYHEM agents versus LEGION

IGN First will be running coverage this week. I’m so glad we’re finally announced so info can start coming out. It’s always so painful to work on stuff for so long and not be able to say anything.

A couple of teasing statements in their first story (which contains the same trailer):

It’s funny how they kept the purple versus red color scheme from the Saints games.

It’s Volition, so I’m interested. But that trailer was not spectacular.

I’m on board, don’t even need to see it. It’s Volition.

One way to keep my interest levels down on your game is to only give me a cinematic trailer as an announcement that lacks any actual gameplay, that’s for sure.

You know, if I hadn’t seen who made this I might have thought this was a sequel to Sunset Overdrive. Less bouncy, I suppose. Still, I’m interested. Oh and hey, did you guys notice the names on the talking heads at the end said “Ultor”? Is this tied into Red Faction and/or Saint’s Row?

Amazon has a couple of screenshots:

Maybe not, given the last words of the trailer.

Plus that symbol behind her was pretty reminiscent of the Saints symbol wasn’t it?

Absolutely. Then again, technically, Red Faction: Guerrilla had some ties to the Saints Row lore. This seems a lot more explicit, however.

And the whole Ultor business, like I mentioned. Geez, people.

Loved the last Saints game, so totally in for this on day 1.

Eager to hear more. Loved Laura Bailey’s voice work in the SR series for the player character, would be cool if she returned too. SR series is so much fun, hope this new series turns out well.

The voice I want to see return is JB Blanc, who voiced Zinyak in Saints Row IV. The best performance in a video game by a voice actor. Ever. I could listen to Zinyak read the phone book.

As someone who has played Saints Row 2 through 4, I am excited to see what these guys are up to. Saints Row 4 was so much fun.

Site’s up.

The FAQ has some new info:

While Agents of Mayhem is part of a larger Saints Row Universe, this is a brand new IP with a focus on a new cast of characters, new gameplay, and a new open world. We do have a few surprises in store for Saints Row fans that we’ll be revealing at a later date!

Agents of Mayhem is running on a powerful brand-new engine created internally by Volition, with all the technical bells and whistles that players have come to expect from this generation.

Yep. Too many good games in a row not to buy in.

I see what you did there.

"About the Game

In the wake of a global assault, the world has fallen under the rule of LEGION, a supervillainous cabal of criminal masterminds and costumed megalomaniacs.

The only ones who are capable of turning the tide are the Agents of MAYHEM. Led by Persephone Brimstone, these uniquely skilled agents are going to take down this New World Disorder by any means necessary.

Take the fight to LEGION in Seoul: The City of Tomorrow, an open world brimming with world-shaking missions, city-spanning doomsday devices, and evil underground lairs!
Take your team of three Agents into the field and swap between them on the fly for maximum mayhem!
Upgrade and customize your Agents to create your personal dream team of gadget-wielding anti-heroes!
Upgrade the ARK–MAYHEM HQ–to unlock even more mayhem-making means!
The newest game from Volition, the studio responsible for Saints Row!"

so damn cool!