Agents of Mayhem - Volition's post Saints IP

You obviously haven’t unlocked Scheherazade yet. :)

I do intend to go back into this to 100% it at some point. I find myself playing things like Far Cry or Anthem or Metro and wondering why I’m not just playing Agents of Mayhem.

-Tom

Yea, I did level her up this week, and her profile pic did look strangely familiar. Having it stare at me was a bit unsettling for reasons I couldn’t explain.

My favorite ability of hers is the Teleport Jump passive that augments her melee, but I tend to get murdered to death every time I get within striking distance of anything bigger than a Swarmtrooper, so I didn’t enjoy hacking away with her main 3-attack combo as much as I probably could have. I need to practice with her more to fully appreciate what she does.

I don’t have the DLC characters at the moment (Gat and the other two), and I haven’t decided if I want them yet.

I’d love for a DLC that introduces new enemy types or Lair/dungeon tile sets, but I know that’s never going to happen. I was a bit surprised (and kind of annoyed because of how much grinding I tend to do before advancing campaign quests in games like this) to see new enemy types appear in the open world after I unlocked them in the campaign (I’m now at 51/57 missions completed I think). I would like to have had those earlier, by unlocking through leveling up or just by raising the difficulty. But at least I’ve got them now.

My current progress:

I managed to do a few more campaign missions tonight. I enjoyed the Harley Quinn maps and story arc. I’m never a fan of boss fights, so those weren’t my thing, but I did enjoy the mental abuse she tried to put me through as I traversed her lairs. I especially liked some of the verbally abusive teddy bear chicken things (or whatever they are). They all sounded like a pissed off Chucky dolls trying to front 90s death metal bands. And their dialogue was hilarious.

I wish do wish certain minions were easy to pick out of the pack, some of them look too similar (the Buffadins especially). And I wish the Invulnerability aura was easier to distinguish from Vulnerability before I waste shots.

Restarted the mission and managed to get past the bug this time. I have to say, it’s got a lot more personality than Crackdown 3, but I still think picking up a tank to throw it at someone is a missed opportunity in AoM.

I just joined the 6% club. That being the 6% of Agent of Mayhem owners on Xbox that stuck with the game long enough to finish the campaign.

Everything else has been unlocked, leveled up, completed, and collected except for 144 Crystal Shards I don’t care about. If I ever decide to log back in and spend a couple days wandering around the city looking for shards, maybe I’ll find out if there’s an achievement for 100%ing the game.

If I ever do return, it will be because I decided to pick up the 3 DLC characters and run through Legion Lairs.

I should play this again. Was just watching a recording I did of a high difficulty lair run, trying to complete it only with Scheherazade. Those turrets are OP so I cheesed them! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBetqlQhF0w

I had to stop watching that because it was just going to make me start playing Agents of Mayhem again.

-Tom

Thanks to the new Marvel game, I felt the urge to play some super heroes (marketing works!). I was so close to buy Marvel, but I just could not do it.

So I continued AoM after I left the campaign a year ago at 40% or 11 heroes unlocked. I just unlocked Sheherazade. Boy, nobody told me!! Why? I had no idea. I am leveling her up now…

I have a problem now with my team. Hardtack, Joule and Rama. I have to tell them, that someone has to go. Sorry Hardtack, girls only from now on.

Where have you been? There is someone here who would not shut up about her…

QFT…

Yeesh, no kidding. If there is even one person on this forum who doesn’t know how awesome Sheherezade is, I have failed my job as an Agents of Mayhem cheerleader.

-Tom

I heard rumors, but I didn’t believe them…

Isn’t Agents of Mayhem some board game whose designer you talked to on your podcast?

I am really loving this game’s Diablo meets Marvel’s Agents of Shield meets Deadpool vibe. Just started on the weekend and now have Braddock and Fortune as “Special Agents”. For the early part of the game, I relied heavily on Braddock and Fortune, with Rama as the third wheel. I am now using Braddock to help level up some other agents. Currently levelling up Joule and Sheherezade.

Probably not my best moment in parenting but my 12 year old daughter saw me playing this on the PS4 and I loaded it up for her on the PC in my office. So we spent the best part of the weekend hanging out the in same room, playing our respective games of Agents of Mayhem.

I’m not sure if you’re regularly coaching your daughter on how to cure cancer or win Nobel prizes, but, um, I’d consider that a win.

Aww, I think that’s pretty awesome, @Tohree. It might not have multiplayer, but it can still bring a family together. :)

-Tom

Sounds like you created a common interest with your daughter which is always a great thing!

A nice cutscene/trailer for AoM from the Fortiche Productions people who did League of Legends’ “Popstar” video.

Apparently this was one of the games on Xbox that ran with an unlocked frame rate, and so that means that it runs really well on the Xbox Series X.

It’s a good thing that I bought it but never got around to installing it yet!

Maybe once I’m done rediscovering Just Cause 3, it will be time to try out Agents of Mayhem.

Will this also be true on a PS5? The article doesn’t say, but I’m willing to lose some SSD space to find out. Except I’m really not one of those people who really notices the difference between 30 and 60 FPS most of the time, so perhaps I’m not the best person to test this.