Ahmadinejad going down?

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is mired in a political dispute with Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei that could result in the president’s resignation, Al Jazeera English reported Friday.

The dispute is reportedly so severe that Ahmadinejad staged a 10-day walkout protest, during which time he was not seen in a single cabinet meeting.

This split between the men has now boiled over: as many as 25 people close to Ahmadinejad and his chief of staff, Esfandiar Rahim Mashaei, have been arrested and accused of sorcery, according to The Guardian.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/05/06/iranian-president-may-resign-after-top-aides-arrested-charged-with-sorcery/

Sorcery!

Fuck. Mark my words, he is a mitigating factor on the batshit codgers that actually have the power. If they put in a complete puppet things might get nasty.

H.

I would just like to point out that it is the 21st century.

Clearly they’re using a different calender if people can actually be arrested for sorcery.

Maybe they should drown them to see if they’re innocent.

…sorcery?

How do we know these men HAVEN’T been practicing sorcery?

Ummm…you are one of the more well known sorcerers of all time. of all time!

Teach the controversy! (Unless it’s about gay people, then you’re fired if you even hint that people can be gay.)

Sure, back in my crazy youth, but who blames someone for their rebellious religious BS back then? I’ve totally sworn it off and now just peddle homeopathic remedies to rich people while I’m nailing their wives.

Now, Svengali, that douchebag is still at it. He’s a real embarrassment at the meetings, I tell ya…

Is sorcery considered white collar?

Here is a bit more in-depth look at the issue.

Unfortunately the sorcery charges are not examined.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0046/0046_01.ASP

Jack Chick always delivers the goods.

I can’t believe her shitty ass 8th level cleric didn’t have a Neutralize Poison.

Those Tom Chick pamphlets never fail to crack me up.

EDIT: Bah, too slow on the troll.

If Sharia contains laws on sorcery then magic and demons must exist. I had a very odd conversation with a Bangladeshi friend about djinn.

Witches and sorcerers are executed in Saudi Arabia. Only last month did the Lebanese TV psychic they had on death row get a reprieve. He was arrested when on Haj.

Sounds like they need a Witcher.

I understand. ;-) My point was that their dark ages government is a hold over from past unenlightened times.

I sympathize with the position Iran finds itself in and how it came about, but sadly that’s more than offset by their social backwardness and zealotry. Arresting people for “invoking djinns” is so… 17th century. Not to mention a disingenuous sham to do away with the Ayatollah’s political enemies.

Probably because she’s a dual-class. The grimacing DM calls her character a “wizard” in panel 1.

The thing is, my Bangladeshi friend is UK bred, and well educated to degree level. He is from the East End though, and quite religious. Djinn are everywhere apparently, even in the rest room at the office we worked at. He didn’t like my questions about what happens to djinn that get stuck in event horizons in black holes, parallel dimensions and the like.