AI Text generation: Scary good

https://talktotransformer.com/

You put in text, and the AI completes it. Maybe 1 out of every 5 attempts is uncannily great. Keep in mind that a human did not write the non-bold text below. You can’t google it.

Cthulhu: (HP Lovecraft in bold)
Annotation%202019-08-22%20001035

Tom reviewing Deus Ex:

Lord Marcus Dracon doesn’t seem to like Daggerfall very much
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg/n7ureBwD0q4/Etc3k5T1RoQJ

Frost:

A bit of randomess I thought up:

Not bad. I put in the first part of a long email someone wrote about UFC.

This weekend is the much anticipated heavyweight championship rematch between Daniel Cormier and Cleveland’s own, Stipe Miocic. This fight sucks, just like it did last year, because both guys are extremely likable, upstanding competitors, and you don’t want to see either one have to lose. Stipe lost the belt to DC last year and hasn’t fought again since. Prior to losing, Stipe held the record for most heavyweight title defenses in a row (3). So now that he’s been retired, he’s been looking at a rematch, if the UFC could find him something to do. His last fight was against Alexander Gustafsson in February of 2012, and the result was a unanimous decision loss (8/10) from one of the greatest of all time. If DC can win that fight and put him away, he’ll get a shot at Cormier when they rematch at UFC 173, in November of 2015 (see what I did there).
I’ve come up with a few ways to think of this fight: A Cormier-Miocic rematch could be a great matchup for those two, because they have a chance to make a run

It makes just as much sense to me as the rest of the actual email did. Good job, AI!

Last one from me, using part of an email I received:

I’m unable to run Google ads until we have an SSL website certificate. I recommend that we purchase an SSL certificate for under $100 temporary. Use it until we move the website to new hosting.

We now have an SSL web server. It’s a very low-end website and is being used to test Google Adsense. However, it works beautifully, and we can see Google ads on the homepage. Our site’s domain is www . I’ve also put the Google ad code in a code field to the right of our home page, below the search box.

We created Google Plus accounts (which give us access to our company’s Google Page for free) and created Google Wallet accounts. We created a Google Apps account to use Google Docs, and a Google Wallet to buy goods and services from Google and accept credit cards. I can sign into those accounts, with credentials already stored on the server, easily by having the SSL server create a new app for me, from a text file and then using the app’s URL.

Turing-complete!

I think the Lovecraft bot took over for the Frost one.

Awesome, now I can write friendly messages to myself and pretend someone out there likes me. 😍

Okay, maybe not.

You can also use https://transformer.huggingface.co/ to use the same model as writing tool. (Actually only the first two sizes models, they haven’t upgraded to 774M yet…)

Where can I find one of these herbivorous cats?

Look, none of this is important. What’s actually important is where AI stands on the 7-9 scale, since they seem poised to review.

Or mabye, “At The Movies, with Ebert and HAL”

Could use an editor.

The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the millions who have been enslaved in this place by the lusts of the powerful for endless years, who have been raped and killed. Think of the millions of people starved to death at the hands of [the most desperate, the hungry, the desperate.] You will find that they have all lived in utter darkness, never having thought of anything other than death, never having known anything except the eternal war among themselves.

The most powerful of these rulers will have a palace built over the most vulnerable, and the last place in the entire universe that such a throne would be erected [would be here in]

This is a ton of fun.

Much pervier than Paul McCartney:

Completion

The long and winding road, leads me to your door. You’re too busy to talk to me about it. We’ll get through it together. I can’t stop you anymore now. But I’ll always be here. Always. That’s my promise. [kissing] Oh, this is… it’s too good. I’ve never been loved as much before. So much. It’s so beautiful. Just looking at you makes me… [panting] I need this. You’ve just had my way with my body, haven’t you? Yeah… I can’t control you. You just do whatever you want. I can’t move my own body now, thanks to you. You’ve just made it easier for me. I’m all yours. All yours, and I’m yours. No need to pretend. I love you. I hope you know that too. I love you so much. My feelings for you have never been stronger. I feel so lucky to have you between my legs. I wish you could see it now. I wish you could feel it… [pause] Do you think I… [f

When you were young and your heart
Was an open book
You used to say live and let live
You know you did
You know you did
You know you did
But if this ever changin’ world
In which we live in
Makes you give in and cry
Say live and let die
Live and let die

Live and let die, live and let die
Live and let die
Live and let die
Live and let die
But it just ain’t the same as it was before
Live and let die
Live and let die
Live and let die
Live and let die
But it just ain’t the same as it was before
Live and let die
Live and let die
Live and let live
Live and let live
Live and let die
Live and let die
Live and fuck you
But you sure don’t mind
You really, you know you do
You know exactly what I mean
But maybe a hundred more times you will say,
I know you really do mean it
Because I know you do
I know you

Live and fuck you. My new favorite Beatles lyric.

I find these amusing, and they’d pass the trump test, but I don’t think you’d confuse them with humans unless you think little of the author.

A fun experiment would be to submit the same input, but with either part of the beginning or end truncated, or exactly the same input multiple times. From reading through the links “GPT-2 is trained with a simple objective: predict the next word, given all of the previous words within some text”, which is really cool as these systems used to not leverage context at all (and I wonder how much context they can still leverage - 100 words, 500 words, etc.)

I imagine the problem here is that the system was trained to use the word ‘next’ as only one outcome, and the input was just a line, but this was the point of the whole idea. I like being able to give a sentence the same input and get different outcomes: I like the flexibility of these, and the speed with which they could be generated (though I can’t imagine many systems getting more than a few frames of the line)
A fun experiment

It comes up with Turing-complete results maybe 15% of the time. Still pretty dang impressive! And remember this isn’t using their full data corpus, only half of it.

It’s particularly great at capturing tone and writing style. Take for example Lord Marcus Dracon, standard videogame bitching, and it picked that up and continued it beautifully.

Jesus, it really was trained on stupid ass internet posts.

I posted in another random comment from a P&R thread, and got this “completion”:

But let’s hope, in the meantime.
If you agree, then share this post on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and Reddit!
You can also vote for this blog for the 2013 blog of the year and get a PDF version of the post in your mailbox . You can also vote here on Facebook!

That’s part of the training, certainly, but I thought it did a really great job continuing Lovecraft. Similar writing style, word choice, and even subject matter.

You may need to hit the button 5-10 times on each one to get the best results.

One might argue that influencer-style whoring would be the MOST believable result.

I threw some work emails into it and it came out with beautiful corporate doublespeak. Alignment, bandwith, capacity, enterprise, business models, etc. All the good stuff. It’s scarily good at business emails.