AI War 2

I’m not logged into Steam but I see it as 40% off ($11.99 instead of $19.99). How much are they selling it with the coupon?!

I could see a discount if this was a fast turnaround from AI War or if it were a “relaunch” type of scenario, but AI War released 10 and a half years ago.

Possibly so they can get a bunch of quick sales and put it up on the trending charts, get it in front of more eyes.

The coupon discounts an additional 25%.

I thought the same during the tutorial. But the actual game felt much different.

It is hugely streamlined compared to the original. Fleets build themselves and transport themselves. Planets research themselves. The galactic map scouts itself.

So there is more emphasis on picking targets for your fleets and building defenses. The former is good, but the latter is weirdly lacking. There seems to be fewer turrets to choose from and fewer defensive options in general.

Because I own AI War, I got the default 40% off + the 25% off coupon, so it came out to $8.99 for me. This priced stupidly low. Arcen might have considered pricing it like Factorio or Rimworld, price it super high and never discount it, ever. Make the game seem prestigious without coming off like a glorified mobile port.

I don’t know shit about marketing though, but it comes off as super strange for a game to have a 40% sale the day it’s released.

Maybe they need the cash influx asap?

He’s always been too nice that way. I remember when they did Valley Without Wind 2, they gave it free to people who bought the first game prior to it being announced. I know he felt like he was “fixing” it (original got bashed heavily for terrible art and poor player guidance) but I thought, man, this is a niche game however you slice it and you just gave it away to most of your audience.

Chris is, indeed, too nice for his own good on these things - it’s one of the reasons I really like the guy.

Got my coupon although had I not come here and read some of the previous posts I would have ignored it. Thought it was one of those badges that I don’t understand.

For $9 I’ll probably get this just to support Chris if nothing else. That’s assuming I can figure out how to use the coupon. :)

It’s automatically applied in your shopping cart.

All you have to do is add the game to cart and you’ll see the coupon automatically applied at checkout.

I finished the tutorial and started a game using one of the easier scenarios/setups. I’ve taken over 3 planets so far. I need to do a lot more exploring through the techs and stuff to see what I can do to lower enemy AI rating, since it goes up every time I take a planet from them.

The scenario started off with every nearby planet already owned by the AI (with me boxed in), so I’ve been trying to expand past that, but the AI has so far expanded faster than me, and I keep having to take planets from them in a race to get out ahead of them. So far the game is fun, and making a lot more sense to me earlier on than the first one ever did.

Thanks @kerzain and @Kolbex.

Unless something has massively changed for the sequel, the premise is that the AI controls every planet except yours. And you will always get AI progress for taking them, so you need to eventually start being selective or you will get stomped.

Oh, jeez that makes more sense. I was getting grey planets confused as being “unclaimed” rather than “unexplored by me.”

It looks like my coupon showed up, so I don’t need one anymore. Thank you though.

Purchased to support him. Not sure I’ll ever find time to play given the rest of my space game backlog, but I hope the game does well.

I wont be able to play this for a while. But I hope he does well, bought it at the discount (is it wise to set the launch price so low?).

Edit: I totally bounced off the first AI War despite purchasing the game and all its DLC during sales.

This is how I was. I kept buying the DLC, just in case.

Thank you for helping to fund my 700 hour habit. :)

I’m hoping 2 is the magic number! =)