AI War: Fleet Command

The base game and first expansion are also 50% off now on Steam and have been updated to include Mac versions.

What kind of UI changes were made with the latest patch? It’s sad that I’ve only played this once in the last 5 months , started a co-op game with pyrhic which we never finished. I keep meaning to get back to it but the learning curve and my backlog has kept me occupied.

Interesting. I don’t recall the game being this hard on 6 for each AI.

Here is a quote from the 4.0 highlights page…

The interface has been streamlined all over the place, in ways that have really been exciting our hardcore fanbase (who helped design some of the changes). The biggest amongst these changes are perhaps the more-readable galaxy map, the new context menu (alt+right-click) with things like Auto-Gather-Knowledge and special Transport-Unloading logic, the complete removal of “control nodes” in favor of a much cleaner set of menus, and a larger display-on-demand minimap replacement (hold T).

The complete list of Interface Improvements on the ArcenWiki is mind blowing!

my least favorite part of this expansion is the music (muzak!) Some of the remastered tracks include crazy guitar which is very jarring to me.

All the new changes sound pretty awesome. I haven’t played the game since earlier this year, maybe I’ll find some time this weekend.

Argh. I went to install this under OS X, and Steam’s not showing it in my list of games at all. I know I bought it; I’m looking at the receipt email right now.

What the hell?

Hmm, that is really peculiar. It sounds like some sort of internal steam issue; perhaps restarting the steam client would do it? I’m not sure, individual developers don’t have insight into how the steam payment processing and fulfillment works, unfortunately. I haven’t heard any other reports of this, though, so hopefully it’s a temporary glitch, or the client in offline mode or similar. Steam support would be the next place to go for billing issues with their service, though. :(

I tried restarting a couple times and trying on a different machine. No luck.

I opened a Steam ticket; maybe they’ll have an answer for me in a week or two.

Do you have a link to the ticket?

PM’ed it to you. I know this totally isn’t your bug, and it’s some weird Steam screwup.

Thanks for taking an interest, though.

I have AI War along with the Zenith Remnant Expansion, but the “auto update” isn’t working. Any ideas why?

SamF7

This is so so so so so much fun. I’m just playing solo right now, but I have a few friends coming over for a LAN party this weekend and I’m really excited as to how that’s going to play out.

I’ve been taking probably too many planets than I should, and the AI progress is starting to get dangerous… but low and behold, my deep space scout drones just located AI datacenters… but man, it is behind some extremely defensive planets. Going to be real tricky how I approach this, because I desperately want that -20 AI progress for blowing up it’s datacenter, but I’ve got to figure out the tactics I’m going to need to get there especially with the new AI Eyes - I love those things.

Does anyone know how long AI War is on Steam? I’ve been badgering my friend to get it, if he doesn’t end up picking it up himself I’m just going to gift it to the bastard.

Do you have version 3.7 or up? If not, it won’t work. If so, no idea. Could be a server overload issue? That’d certainly be good news in terms of keeping Arcen Games’ doors open…

Spent some times on forums. New “engine” or some-such. Just uninstalled AIWars, downloaded the standalones, reinstalled and re-entered the gamecodes.

Fixed!

SamF7

Woo, I’d been waiting for the base game to go on sale. Downloading via Impulse now.

My pleasure, and thanks for your understanding. I’m talking with them now, and they’re looking at it.

Oddly enough, buying the Children of Neinzul expansion caused it to start showing up in my OS X Steam list.

Pretty solid-looking port, though the way it relies on ctrl-right-click is problematic on a MacBook trackpad. Works fine with a real mouse, though.

That is really odd.

By the way, you can rebind any of the keys if you don’t like them. The Ctrl and such modifiers are old standbys from the windows side that there was no good way to rebind for the mac in general, and this game is by far easiest to play with a mouse anyhow, so we went with that. On my MacBook Pro I hadn’t even though about it, because it’s got that buttonless pad that I do two-fingered presses for right-clicks, etc. But even with that, I don’t think I’d seriously play any RTS without a mouse for very long. :)

Thanks for the kudos, and glad it’s looking good!

Does anyone know how long the sale is going to be going on? I don’t have a CC (my card is a debit card) so I have to wait about a week before I can buy the expansions.