Aion Released!

Here, you can look and see how sexy my buffbo … er friar… er … Chanter looks.

If that helps at all.

That sounds like a lot! Thanks. If I do buy I’m probably going to wait a week for things to kind of settle, but good information to have.

Foolish talk! If you get lost in Aion, we’ll never see you in Madden 10! What would baby Jesus do?!

it’s not really 1 million, the lvl 30 upgrade wings have flight speed increase/duration while the collector edition only have duration.

I was watching my roommate playing last night, and noticed they remove armor/weapon upgrades from the game, is there any post on that? I know for sure asian version still have weapon/armor upgrade.

What do you mean by ‘weapon upgrades’? Is this different from extraction tools/enchantment stones (which were still there as of Sunday night)?

maybe I remembered wrong, I’m thinking of enhancement stone, but I kept remembering I extract using a NPC.

Stop saying “evil”! From the viewpoint of either faction, the opposite faction is the “evil” one. The Elyos are no more virtuous than the Asmodians–they just happen to live on the temperate part of Atreia and look the most like so-called “normal” humans. Just because we Asmodians happen to have manes and claws, and our daevas have black wings instead of white ones, does not mean that we are intrinsically evil. We just look more menacing. :)

You forgot about the burning red eyes! :P

Asmodean are furries, that’s why people want to play them.

Regarding the Eurogamer review, he must have hated Batman and Halo 3. Batman consists of: A, A, B, A, A, A, A, B, B… Halo 3: RT…RB, RT…RB, RT…RB, X, RT…RB.

Yes, heavens forbid that someone doesn’t like the game you have just bought and love playing?

Personally I liked about the first 5-10 levels then it got really boring really quick.

I don’t think it’s that, I think it’s the fact that all games are essentially mashing keys over and over. The reviewer could have expressed his dissatisfaction of the boring bits of combat in a different way, like remarking that you are stuck with the same skills for a long time, etc.

I don’t think that was his point. MMOs typically have a rigid structure that don’t necessarily require the same kinds of situational awareness and evolving tactics that other genres have, especially in multiplayer modes of those genres. Positioning during a typical fight doesn’t matter beyond the aggro radius of the mobs around (with the exception for rogue classes, but those tactics are pretty wrote), etc.

It’s true of almost all MMOs though, but I think his point was Aion’s particular grind just exacerbated that.

that and he played the most boring class in the entire Aion…

I think I literally fallen asleep playing a chanter on Asian server.

If I buy this off Steam, does it save me any steps, say, registering with NCSoft or whatever? Or do I have to go through the whole deal, just like I would if I bought a box copy?

You do still need to enter the key at the PlayNC site, yes.

Can someone explain Spellbooks for Mages? Are the statistics only used when a mage actually attacks using a spellbook or are they used any time a spell is cast? And what exactly is an attack by spellbook?

It’s a wand, basically.

That’s just semantics, they look evil so they are evil. 99% of people don’t go researching into history before they decide on a race. Particularly in a world like Aions which is a pretty generic fantasy world with very little people intrigued with it’s history.

Similarly you could have argued that Order is evil in Warhammer but it’s irrelevant. They look more “normal” and they eat fewer babies so Order is good.

Some shots from the first few levels:

Your off-the-cuff analysis proves nothing… except that you are probably a dirty Elyos-lover. ;-)