Air pressure

Sorry if this has been posted, but I did a search and came up with nothing. I saw this on Jayisgames and thought it was interesting enough to post.

Air pressure is really an interactive novel in the form of a flash game. I won’t give any hints, because it will completely ruin the experience. I strongly suggest you find out yourself

Since I don’t know if this forum has any spoiler tags, I’ll be skipping on spoilers for now, but it was pretty interesting.

There is a thread for Flash Game recommendations and discussion here.

I’m not trying to be rude or anything but chances are you’ll get more responses from people who are actually interested if you pop it into that thread ;)

Interesting. Took me halfway through my second playthrough before it really “clicked” what it was about.

What is it about?

It’s about 2 hours long

It is actually about 3 minutes long.

It’s about tree fitty.

Thanks a lot! I’ll make sure to remember that. I’m not here often enough or long enough so I didn’t know.

As for the length of the game… I think you can get to the real end in 20 minutes at most.

SPOILER

By the way, I think you all noticed I didn’t mention what it was about. The reason being that “what the game is about” is the entire point.
I’ve actually seen some other interesting interpretations on JIG. Personally I went through two others until I got to the most common conclusion of those who got it.

It seems pretty obvious to me…Only did two of the endings and probably not going to bother fishing for the third, though.

Wow, reading the comments on JiG gives me the impression that a lot of people that played Air Pressure are either too young or too innocent to figure out the obvious subtext that comes through once you play through more than once.

I can understand ambiguity if you play through once and that’s it, but exploring the other paths and endings really gives a pretty clear picture of the story.

I liked the game and am glad I played it, so I don’t want this to sound overly negative, but there was a “real” ending? I played through and got three separate endings, all of which seemed more or less real and natural following of the previous decisions made.

** SPOILER **
While I found the broad strokes of the theme touching (almost too close to home), I think the scene in the hospital was just a bit too out there for its own good. I went to Jay Is Games to read some of the interpretations, and none of them seem to fully encompass everything perfectly. The emotions are there, but the logic doesn’t seem to fit.

SPOILAR

There she goes
There she goes again
She calls my name
She pulls my train
No one else could heal my pain
And I just can’t contain
This feeling that remains

The girl is the real heroine of this story.