Air Travelers May Be Assigned Color Codes

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=533&ncid=533&e=3&u=/ap/20030909/ap_on_re_us/passenger_review

Story:

"WASHINGTON - The government and the airlines reportedly will phase in a computer system next year to measure the risk of every passenger who boards a flight in the United States by using color codes.

According to the Washington Post, passengers will be assigned one of three codes, based in part on their travel plans, traveling companions and the date the ticket was purchased. Sources say those coded “green” will easily pass through security checkpoints. Others will be coded “yellow” and face additional screening. An estimated 1 percent to 2 percent who get “red” coding will be barred from boarding and face police questioning. They may be arrested.

Critics fear the new system will be far too intrusive, and that some people will be mistakenly “flagged” and even falsely arrested."

The scarlet letter “A” and the Star of David will reportedly also be used.

Damn, what do you have to do to get the red coding? One to two percent is a fairly high percentage. That’s a few people on every 747 flight that will be barred from flying and questioned.

Hah, and you were all making fun of whoever it was that said we’d end up in a police state.

Why am I Mr. Pink?

ha, ha. Because you’re a fag! At least, I think that’s the correct reply. What a great line.

Damn, I say this topic and jumped in for a Reservoir Dogs reference, but the two Tims beat me to it! Nice work, gentlemen.

-Tom

Yet another half-assed Bush Administration policy. Every one knows that for a PROPER police state, titanium slave collars with embedded transmitters are the way to go.

You’re all still funny. Not just because of the blatant partisanship of your opposition to government intervention in private citizen’s lives, but because of your opposition to the 2nd Amendment.

Still, I wonder if the standards for the coding will be rational ones. If so, this could really improve airline travel; if not, see you all in the holding pen…

What a strange lizard world you must inhabit…

So long as the sun lamp stays on, he’s happy.

You’re all still funny. Not just because of the blatant partisanship of your opposition to government intervention in private citizen’s lives, but because of your opposition to the 2nd Amendment.

Still, I wonder if the standards for the coding will be rational ones. If so, this could really improve airline travel; if not, see you all in the holding pen…[/quote]

It was a joke, christ. :D

I know. It made me laugh, that’s for sure.

It was a joke, christ.

All humor, to be funny, begins with truth.

Only 3 codes seems like a whitewash to me and assumes that airport securuty is made up of incompetent boobs who can’t hold more that 3 concepts in their head at any given time, like the lower animals… It’s like game reviews that only go from 1 to 5.

Somebody probably got paid a shit pot of money to come up with that plan…

“We’re sorry, but you have the special purple color code. You will be executed immediately.”

No, this thread is Paranoia.

The Computer Loves You.

So, if I’m going to Iran with an Arab woman as a traveling companion, I’ll get incarcerated without the possibility of bail?

I would say that’s the general idea.

Yes, but Dirt 2 would be airdropped in to take his place.

No, only 80 year old white grandmothers get coded as Red.

You laugh, but you know it’s true.

Well, but it’s a great idea! I mean, these codes could obviously be very useful in other parts of life as well, right? Spare HomeSec a lot of trouble, and so on.