Al Franken - Candidate

If the people of Minnesota are willing to elect Jesse Ventura and cheer for the Vikings (kidding!), they’ll vote Franken. It gives them something to talk about up at the ice shanty.

In general, the electorate who got her into office did not want her to vote for the war in Iraq. She voted for it, of course, in a political calculation based on a future presidential run, not because of her personal beliefs or because of her representation of New Yorkers.

I don’t think she’s been a terrible senator for NY, but she’s certainly no Pat Moynihan.

The issue isn’t that Franken didn’t pay his fair share of taxes - he paid every cent he owed. The problem is that he apparently has a dipshit accountant who paid everything to a few states instead of spreading it around. So basically what’s happening with the refiling is that money is being moved from New York and Minnesota to all of the other states where he’d worked. It certainly seems like an honest, if stupid mistake on his accountant’s part. I mean, if I were a tax cheat, I’d probably want to keep the money instead of paying it to a different state. But that’s just me.

Well, Ventura sure did a hell of a lot less to fuck our state up than that toolbox Pawlenty, so there you go. Sure he was a caricature of a man who had no idea how to effectively herd the legislative cats in St. Paul, but at least he’s not an evil scheming bastard.

That election was awesome. It got extra special bonus points for electing my 5th grade teacher as lieutenant governor.

Sorry, but it’s “deep-seated.”