Alabama Senate special election thread of hot takes, bitter disappointment, and/or slightly possible exuberance.

So does Trump pull his tweet now that Moore has refused to concede?

I meant to avoid the loss tonight entirely and just read about it tomorrow. Now I am sitting wondering what we need to do to keep Jones’ seat when the next guy he runs against doesn’t molest children.

Happy for him. I guess Barkley finally won a championship!

There’s almost no chance that military ballots move this thing to get Moore within the .5% threshold for a recount.

It’s virtually impossible to hold that seat, if the GOP runs anyone remotely competent.

Where “competence” here means “not trying to rape children”.

The bar is way, way low. The fact that Moore failed to meet it is a testament to how terrible he was.

There’s always a slim possibility he can pull a Joe Manchin.

The odds are against it, of course, but it’s possible.

The crazy thing I’m seeing on Fox is how they are eating their own. They are all about how terrible the GOP is.

There’s that pessimism. Those people over 65, they’'t not getting younger. I believe people under 45 was 60%. I don’t think they were just voting against Moore. But it’s something we can argue about 3 years from now ;-)

Who knows, maybe when they realize Doug Jones doesn’t actually worship Satan and eat babies, he’ll have a chance?

Yeah, but they aren’t gonna all die in 2 years.

Pessimistic again, I know.

Remember up above when I said he represents his state and needs too look out for his state… if he does that, they might not have a reason to remove him. It’s harder to remove someone the people like than it is to just introduce someone who worships God better.

If Trump is still president in 2020, and if he’s running for reelection…anything’s possible.

It’s possible, but I think that despite not voting for a pedophile, Alabama is still crazy, crazy red.

Now, what could happen is that, since they have the seat, Democrats could actually try to establish a presence… and then maybe they would have a shot.

But I don’t think they can do that in 2 years.

I’m still disgusted by the fact that 75% of white men voted for a pedophile.

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/940644293974347781

I guess all that happened!

You go girl!

1. Happened. Insane margins in those areas.

2. Yep. Moore won Shelby County by 30% when he ran for AL Supreme Court. He won it by 13% today.

3. Yep. Black Belt turned out.

4. Yep. voter turnout in Moore’s highest performing areas was way down.

God, I want to tweet at that asshole how the AL voters just cucked him so hard he’ll be gay by tomorrow morning.