Alabama Senate special election thread of hot takes, bitter disappointment, and/or slightly possible exuberance.

Bravo, Sir, Bravo.

Alabama Republican Roy Moore says he is waiting for the “final count” in the Alabama race for U.S. Senate.

Moore in a Wednesday video released by his campaign, said it was a close race and that some military and provisional ballots had yet to be counted.

Moore said he is waiting for certification of the final vote by the Alabama secretary of state. That is expected to occur sometime between Dec. 26 and Jan. 3.

Unofficial returns show that Democrat Doug Jones defeated Moore by about 20,000 votes or 1.5 percent.

Moore released the message several hours after Jones urged him to “do the right thing” and concede.

Moore, who is known for his evangelical politics, called the election a battle for the “heart and soul” of the country.

The history books will record the entire Trump presidency on a few perforated sheets of golden-colored toilet paper, inserted between the bulky chapters on Obama and Harris.

Trump and Moore need to concede like Dan Johnson did.

Like!

Illuminating stat

I wonder what explains the difference between the 22% of Evangelical women that didn’t vote for Moore, and the 76% that did.

They been listnin to that devil box ona wrong channel again. Somebody gettin a paddlin when daddy gits home.

Not all evangelical Christians are beyond hope. Many, but not all.

Maybe they have teenage daughters.

This is an unfair generalization, but I feel like the members of the GOP lack empathy for any plight that they haven’t personally experienced is some fashion. They don’t seem to understand an issue unless they have gone through it themselves and this is a big problem.

They refuse to connect with people who experienced racial bias because they have never felt that themselves. They don’t care about a pedophile because their children are grown and will never be confronted with it, Pre-existing conditions only matter to members of the GOP that have lost insurance or seen the cost spike due to.

I don’t want to believe this conclusion is true but whenever you see a GOP congressman take a stand for a liberal issue or demand something from the government, it almost always tracks back to some personal experience. Not because it’s right or because it affects his or her constituents, but because they themselves have gone through it. Pro-Gay rights, probably a child or relative came out. Pro universal healthcare, probably a relative impacted by a pre-existing condition. Pro Environment or state park, probably enjoys walking in it.

It is an extreme version of NIMBY.

Can you cite your source for that?

(I’m kidding! I know we have some evangelicals here on the forum.)

It could represent the percentage of evangelicals who are also Christians.

Yeah, ok, whatever floats your boat, man.

It’s funny because it’s true.

I think it’s interesting to imagine what he’s thinking. As if it matters if the losing candidate “accepts the results” of the election. The winner is the winner. Moore can file lawsuits, but refusing to concede doesn’t have any legal standing.

Of course the guy has a very tenuous relationship with the rule of law, especially for a state Supreme Court judge.

Nice. This Alabamian approves.

Disgraced former state supreme court judge.

“Pulse of the People” - but not those people. You know, real people. Let’s go to the diner and interview them all again!