Alamo

In general (I don’t know the lore of every single group) most Native American tribes would not have considered the land “stolen” because most did not have a concept of land “owership” at all. Stealing the land was akin to stealing “air”. How could anyone “own” that?

CLAP CLAP DEEP IN THA HEEEART OF TEXAS!

That was awful, I’m sorry. I was so off-key.

You use the same justification the settlers used to drive the natives from their land and/or kill them.

Gad. I dropped reading the Politics section just to avoid such asinine stuff.

FWIW, though, my kids went to school in Texas and they can tell you precisely what happened at the Alamo, including the several versions of how Bowie was killed, what the Mexicans did to the prisoners, the details of the events that led to the battle, trivia and famous folks on both sides of the battle, etc. My daughter participated in a class debate in which both the Mexican and the Texican sides of the war were debated. So the attempt to tell people here that all Texas kids are fed a bunch of propoganda is BS.

I’ve read a number of histories on the Alamo and it was indeed a heroic defense from both a personal courage and a military sense. Travis and most others knew that no reinforcements were coming and thus they knew that to stay and fight would result in their death, and there were options to try to run away that they discussed and then dismissed. These were people from all over the US (and some Europeans) that were fighting for what they felt was their home.

As for this being another Yankee Imperialist immoral theft from the poor Mexicans - that’s just pure bullshit, as some others have stated.

And now I will go back into my reading these forums for gaming, computer, and entertainment purposes only…

So the attempt to tell people here that all Texas kids are fed a bunch of propoganda is BS.

Not all schools are the same in Texas, you know. I was certainly fed a line of horseshit about it.

Yeah, but we all know you go looking for lines of horseshit to be fed.