Alexa is driving me crazy - need help

You should see “registered to” with a deregister option in the your alexa app in the settings for the device. You can do that whether the device is currently connected or not. That should remove it from your app.

As to the device itself, the antenna on your device might have just died. I had it happen to one of my echoes a while back.

There should be an option to trade in your old echo right on the purchase screen. That might be useful to get an extra discount.

Thanks guys. I’m out of town for a few days, but since our other Alexa works fine, I did de-register it and that removed it from the app and I’ll see if I can set it up as a new device when I get home. In the meantime we did get one with a video screen and I’ll set that up when I get home. The screen won’t be used often, I suspect, but my wife thought it would be nice to have in the kitchen.

MY grandkids think Alexa is a person because of the video screen, especially my now 4 year old grandson. He asks to see Dinosaurs and anything else that enters his little head! Whenever he calls me he asks how Alexa is doing. I told him that Alexa is a robot but that doesnt faze him at all. How is Alexa he asks. I say she is sleeping - he tells his little sister that we cant talk to her right now.

I don’t plan on getting one (I’m happy with my Echo Dot) but for those interested in the Echo Show, it’s on sale at $40. Normally $90.

Amazon.com: All-new Echo Show 5 (3rd Gen, 2023 release) | Smart display with 2x the bass and clearer sound | Charcoal

We got a Show. Wife is learning to like it. One issue: we connected Amazon Photos and created an album called Family and set the Show to only access that. We’ve got a lot of photos and some still have the ex son-in-law, some have my wife and I in our college days at parties, just a lot of photos we don’t want the grandkids or others seeing on the display.

If we say show photos, cool. Only those. But if we say start slideshow it goes to ALL photos. Even though we set it to only the Family album. There seems to be other ways to access all the photos in our Amazon photos.

Apparently you can’t just upload/pick photos from the camera roll on the phone- they have to go through Amazon photos.

Am I missing something? How do i restrict the device to ONLY the album I chose?