Alien: Isolation - Aliens, Creative Assembly, and Ripley's daughter

You play Amanda, Ripley’s daughter that was mentioned in the extended cut of Aliens.

You, as Amanda, spend most if not all of the game on a single space station, according to our source. There’s only one alien for “most” of the game, our source said; you’ll mostly be shooting through “clones and soldiers.” Vents, lockers, and melee weapons are a big part of Isolation, our source said, and the game is heavily inspired by the first Alien movie.

Current and next-gen machines.

Why, why, why are they shoe-horning in that the character is related to Ripley? That’s such a weird and completely unnecessary thing to do.

In an Aliens game I want shoot aliens, not marines. Sound like Sega’s at work again. In the ACM game they wanted the game to be more about shooting Marines (why?) than shooting Aliens. Not much sense there.

Shooting clones and soldiers, meh.

I like that they’ll only have one alien this time around. Colonial Marines had me super disappointed with the beginning where there were tons you mowed through like cannon fodder.

In Aliens lore Amanda was just a simple reporter who lived and died on Earth? I hope their character is someone weak who hides and is hunted rather than making her a soldier-type. Story-wise it could make sense if she travels to learn what happened to her mother & make news out of it.

“There’s only one alien for “most” of the game”

Interesting, maybe they are making an suspense adventure game…

"you’ll mostly be shooting through “clones and soldiers.”

Oh. So just another scifi shooter.

Don’t you mean, “just another bug hunt”? Oh no wait, I guess you didn’t.

edit: and the thing is, we already know how Amanda dies. Burke tells Ripley in one of the deleted scenes that she lived to a fairly advanced age but died while Ripley was sleeping in the time between the first two movies. And the novelization (yeah, I read it) he says something like “Cancer, still haven’t quite beaten that one.”

Would have been nice if they designed Rome 2 for “next-gen” machines… properly.

Another idea-bankrupt studio just throttling the shit out of a licensed IP. Gotta be some blood left in that turnip!

Hey Sega, let me pitch this to you: in Aliens Game 3, you play Jones, the cat from the first Alien, in the Nostromo. Basically, you run around from dark place to dark place, with “Cat Scare” QTEs on various members of the Nostromo for XP. This will appeal to Alien fans & cat lovers which is approx. 64% of the Internets.

I expect large royalty checks before you shut the studio down mid-project and give it to Gearbox.

Thank you,

Scharmers, Esq., VC, MBA, OOBE

How much you need to get that started?

I would play that.

Kickstarter!!!

Do want?

-Tom

OK, so you play the cat. Your initial job is to run around from dark place to dark place. It’s a stealth FPS. You get points for hiding and not being spotted by the crew or the alien.

When the alien makes it presence known, you still have to hide, but you now have the ability to scare the human by jumping out at them, hissing, and the like. More points.

Then you have to avoid being put in the cat carrier as long as possible.

Then you have to avoid the alien so that Ripley can find you to put you in the cat carrier.

A wealth of QTE options is available.

It could be done.

No, the game should revolve around you luring humans to a grisly demise.

Great another generic fps that thinks having a few aliens running around will make fans buy it.

Good idea. Sign this non-existent NDA, please.

I just saw these images on GAF, not sure where they came from

More detail taken from here Alien: Isolation

Discover the true meaning of fear in Alien: Isolation, a survival horror set in an atmosphere of constant dread and mortal danger. Fifteen years after the events of Alien™, Ellen Ripley’s daughter, Amanda enters a desperate battle for survival, on a mission to unravel the truth behind her mother’s disappearance. As Amanda, you will navigate through an increasingly volatile world as you find yourself confronted on all sides by a panicked, desperate population and an unpredictable, ruthless Alien. Underpowered and underprepared, you must scavenge resources, improvise solutions and use your wits, not just to succeed in your mission, but to simply stay alive.

The simple notion that they’ve decided to center the story around Ripley’s daughter makes me think they probably don’t know what they are doing.

Why do we need to revisit the Ripley storyline again?

Its a popular franchise with easily recognizable characters and themes, making it easier to convey your story to the audience.