All "A Star Wars Story" side movie projects on hold

I hadn’t thought about TLJ being like Logan. I’m going to need to think about that. Thanks for posting that @DarthMasta.

Boba Fett would like a word with you.

(Okay, technically not an origin story, but it would be nice to see a story set in between “Baby Boba catches his father’s head” and “Boba Fett uses his rockets one and then falls into the Sarlacc.”)

Comparing TLJ to Logan is a major insult to Logan.

Boba Fett is the lamest fan-favorite character. He’s a complete loser from everything we’ve seen in the movies, but his armor was so cool that fans made up a bunch of badass history for him.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111202779/4354710-gu4.gif

Most egregious case of fans conjuring up an interesting story about a bit player in film, period.

Well I never read any of the EU stuff so I don’t know from that, but Boba Fett was the only bounty hunter who actually did his job and captured Han Solo in ESB.

Puhleese, that storyline was about Lando’s being strong- armed into betraying Solo, not about some bad-ass bounty hunter.

Oh no, Boba Fett is probably going to want a word with you too now!

(I agree)

I don’t know about a movie, but a bounty hunter game sounds really interesting to me. In my mind, it would play out like the cancelled Prey 2 from Human head studios.

But they made that game, did you ever play Star Wars: Bounty Hunter?

Look, you will not find me telling anyone I enjoyed TLJ, it is on the very top of movies I wish had never been made list.

But they play with similar themes, at least with the character of Luke. It is what it is. They fought, they failed, they’re not interested in fighting anymore, yadda yadda. And I’m fine with it with Logan, because Logan is a comic book movie, and the timeline will be reset, or there will be a clone, or parallel dimension or someone will snap their fingers, etc, etc, infinite ways Logan can be undone. A friend of mine, less comic book aware, she came out of the movie upset…

But how did they even know to go to Cloud City to strongarm Lando in the first place? All because Boba Fett knew about the garbage trick and figured out where he was going. That’s right, he’s one bad mother {shut your mouth} I’m just talkin’ bout Fett!!

I’ve never heard of it. What era of games was that? If it’s a 2D game, it doesn’t count!

Edit: Oh wow, a Gamecube/PS2 era game. I wonder why I never heard of it? It’s even based on Jango Fett, who is… Boba Fett’s father?

Edit2: Bah, the reviews don’t make it sound very good.

Mmmhmmm…whatevs. This is why fans blow up the rep of the Fett. They owned the toy.

Dude, that marketing campaign was epic. I ate at least a metric ton of Cap’n Crunch so I could get the box tops to send in for the Fett figure, for which I had to wait six weeks for delivery. Wasn’t any Amazon freakin’ Prime in the 80s, sir, I suffered for my toy. And it had a rocket pack that fires actual rockets, like the kind you could choke on and lawyers don’t let you sell anymore. Thing was awesome.

Case Closed.

I loved all of the bounty hunter toys as a kid. They were bit parts, sure, but that meant I could use my imagination to fill in their personalities and histories which wasn’t possible with the other star wars toys I had.

For instance, if my Darth Vader toy was torturing my Luke toy and then my Leia toy entered the scene, it was basically scripted what she would do and how she would react. If Bossk entered the scene, who knows what would happen?!

I think thats also the reason I would prefer a Dengar movie to another Han solo one.

Exactly. My contention is that the screenwriters will never approach in creativity what your your imagination could do with those bit players. If anything, they’d contradict it. Probably time to just make new characters.

I don’t think they can salvage the trilogy, given that 2 out of the 3 movies have already been made. Rogue One and Solo felt like the right steps (creatively) to me, IMO.