All "A Star Wars Story" side movie projects on hold

And to be fair, there is no cohesion WITHIN the current trilogy. Part 1 set up all sorts of plot threads that part 2 took a joy in completely destroying or undermining. I have no idea how part 3 can bring any of this together in a satisfying way.

If they put the Episode movies on hold as well, they’ll have the franchise exactly where it belongs!

I thought Boba Fett was cool, and then didn’t we learn he was just one of a zillion clones or something that fed the Clone war army… his daddy was prime clone…or something? From the prequels? Whatever it was, it felt lame, and was when I stopped caring about him.

He had a fun one-shot comic from Dark Horse.

Pop culture is trash.

Mandalorians are kind of cool.

Boba who?

Yeah, his father was the clone soldier template, but Boba was his actual son, not a clone, me thinks?

I thought he was a clone too? The internet says he was a clone of Jango, but not altered to grow at the accelerated rates of the clones used as clone troopers.

Boba’s a clone. They say so in Attack of the Clones. He was part of the payment Jango wanted for giving up his DNA to be a template for the army.

Aha! Just shows how much attention I paid to such an incredibly engaging movie.

Right. I remember now why it sucked. Not only was his dad kinda whiney and had an anticlimactic and useless fight on a helipad, they managed to take this mysterious one-of-a-kind badass and basically tell us he’s just one of a billion other faceless dudes who share his prowess and traits. Way to defang the mythos, George.

It was not.

Just saw on Twitter:

“Look, if you compare Solo with the massive Box Office of Rogue One, The Last Jedi, and The Force Awakens, one thing becomes clear: audiences are not ready for a Star Wars movie with a white male lead”

Gave me a chuckle.

Minor point, but the Boba Fett rocket pack didn’t actually fire. Between the prototype stage and actual production, Kenner decided not to have it actually fire, because of the reasons you just listed. The back of the action-figure boxes even had a black sticker over the part where it talks about the rocket actually firing. But all of the production units had a fixed red rocket that didn’t do anything.

At this rate I’ll never get to see the Star Wars stories that really interest me:

Sy Snootles: A Star is Born On Twelve Systems
That Little Robot That Scoots Around People’s Feet on the Death Star (co-production with Pixar)
Wedge & Porkins: The Ultimate Space Bromance
Toshi Station: Like ‘Diner’ but in spaaaaaaaaace
50 Shades of Twi’lek: Hot Tentacle Sex
Tinker, Tailor, Stormtrooper, Bothan (featuring Mon Mothma as the George Smiley of spaaaaaaace)
A Rancor and His Trainer

I’m not going looking, but I would bet money that some version of this exists…

I am not sure if it is more, or less, likely to have the descriptor ‘sexy Jabba’ in it.

“But I heard some guy was ordering the whole side of the menu!”

OMG

Yeah, that’s just stupid.

Holy crap, where’s William Shatner to tell us all to get a life when you need him?

Someone needs to post Shatners “Get a life” SNL skit. I know it’s Star Trek but still. What is wrong with these idiots.