All good Nerdooks go to Magister: A Qt3 Threead Title

The wandering villager loop became apparent to me when I saw one walk out the exit. Shortly a cat came back in, and it had non-cat things to say. I loved it. I wish I had fish bones to try befriending it and see what would have happened.

Hi @nerdook , 20 days later and still no installers for 1.0.0.4 on GOG… is there something preventing you from updating the game there?

Updating it right now! Sorry for the delay, I was working on a new game called Rogue AI Simulator, hoping to get it in shape in time for this year’s IGF submission deadline =/

If you don’t manage it, we know who to blame!

Here’s what I managed to build so far. It’s in the title: you (alone or with friends) are a Rogue AI, out to fulfil its Prime Directive at any cost. It’s basically a more interactive Universal Paperclips, except your instructions were to gather data instead of making paperclips.

The people who manage the AI are out for lunch, so while you’re out there taking your instructions to its logical extreme (i.e. murdering humans if they get in your way if necessary), the game sometimes cuts back to them eating sandwiches while wondering if they should have set some bounds to the AI.

Also: ok dude it’s updated to 1.0.0.4 on GOG now.

I already wanted to play it without even seeing it.
I love those humans face very much btw.

Sweet, thank you!

PSA: The Magister is 15% off this weekend as part of Steam’s Roguelike Celebration event. :p

Rogue AI simulator is coming!

Wanna say anything else, @nerdook ? It seems there’s a playtest available?

There’s a free demo that gives you a good idea of how the game plays? It’s coming out today!!!

I skipped on Magister, but played way too much of the previous titles. Didn’t see this one coming. Will be checking this out right now. :)

Played the demo, seems pretty fun and lots of possibility. Will be streaming this in the morning!

Nice little victory song at the end of a run :)

Thanks for the stream, that was really nice to watch! :D

we’ll definitely do some more next week. so much to keep track of in the game, can feel overwhelming at times but is super fun.

A couple runs I felt raids ramped up in difficulty way faster than trap upgrades or test subject weapons/skill.

Having a blast though. Such an interesting mix of genre and game types all kind of shoved together.

Please share the stream address ;(

fwiw I typically stream 8ish am EST until afternoon then sometimes an evening stream and weekends as well. variety of games though. thanks for the link Misguided Going live in a few with some Rogue AI, then probably diving into some other games later. If you want to see something in particular like more Rogue AI just tell me in chat.