All hands on Steam Deck - Valve's handheld PC

Mine came last week. Ordered a little over an hour after it opened.
Had fun revisiting games I haven’t played in years. No fan issues so far.

Heres some more playable games I tried:

Duke Dashington
Duke Nukem 1 (Community controls)
Extravaganza Rising
Joe Danger 2 (Proton 7)
Lilly and Sasha
Kill or Love
Peppers Puzzles
Pinball fx 2
Retro/grade
Rock Boshers DX
Sakura Sadist
Sega Genesis classics (a bit iffy)
Shatter (Proton 7, community controls)
Shutshumi (Proton 7)
Squidlit
Tachyon Project
Triple Town

Try proton 7 if sound doesnt work in any untested game

Duds

Aveyond 31
Blake Stone
Bit trip void
Card city nights
Dream quest
Joe danger
Metronomicon
Mxgp
Naild
Sonic cd

Wish there was a way to share which games work well/didn’t and advice to run them better. I’m surprised there isn’t a feature like that with little guides to thumb up.

Heres the rest I found playable:

Angry game nerd 2
Arcade moonlander
Bionic Commando
Confess my love
Date warp
Death end Request
Deed 2
Kingdom of amalur
Project Cars (text very small, battery killer)
Remnants of isolation
Rollers of the realm
Sakura beach
Strongbad
To the moon

Already used it more than I’ve played Steam this year :)

There’s a way to provide feedback on at least verified titles - sorry I don’t recall the details or how to do it as I don’t have mine yet… but it should be there based on what I’ve read.

Again, the community has your back: https://www.protondb.com/

Got my order email for a 512! Now to wait for tracking impatiently…

A bit weird. I ordered my 512 a day after orders opened and I got it more than two weeks ago. Go figure…….

I thought I ordered mine the day it became available (steam says I ordered July 16) but who can remember. Still says expected q3. I don’t think I got an email but sometimes I don’t see them or they get shuffled off with spam. Anyone order around the time I did with some insight what I can expect?

The site was crushed by order volume on the first day so you’d have to be more specific - time of day you ordered, region, and which model. There’s a user on Reddit who has been tracking order progress via crowdsourced data:

I received my 512GB today and was about an hour out from launch on my reservation time.

Queues are regional. Canada & UK are just past the first hour for some models.

Why? Reading glasses won’t work with it? And far glasses are too unfocused for it as well?

It was the 512 GB model and I’m in the US. I have no ideal what time of day. The site was getting pretty hammered.

I have long since lost or deleted the confirmation email they sent me a year ago.

I just looked up my confirmation email. It was sent at 4:54 PM (Central Time) on launch day. Like you, I’m listed as Q3. I’m not expecting it before September. (Although it’ll probably come mid-August as school starts, so I won’t have time for it.)

You can find the time by going to your Steam account | Purchase History. Click on the transaction and you’ll see it:

I still have a ways to go. :)

You’re smart!

Apparently it was 11:16am. Central I assume. Maybe pacific. I live in Arizona.

Reading glasses are close, but… yeah that tiny text is rough still. Then again, at 55 I could just be having a “get off my lawn” moment.

Turning 59 in a couple of days, here’s my thoughts.The screen is small, the text tiny. I keep trying to swipe it to enlarge the screen, like I do on my Kindle. Reading glasses are mandatory (3X). The battery is a joke: 2 hours maybe on graphic intense games. Man, this thing runs hot! Don’t know if that’s good or bad. Kind of comforting to my arthritic hands.Racing games are cool, but it feels weird to have the controls so far apart as compared to a standard game pad. It’s cool tech, and I like having it, but I’d be worried taking on the road, or leaving it in my car, so it just sits in its case next to my desk- top PC, which is pretty much my main gaming device. I won’t sell it, but I don’t think I’ll ever use it much.

You can zoom in on the text in a game. Hold l1 and the steam button. Its not a good enough fix to use frequently, but may help

That does help a bit. Thanks!

Despite almost Q3 guess I’m not as close as I hoped hah

I’m 0.02% of the way there!

(ordered 182 days after preorders opened)