All-purpose gun legislation thread

Speaking of knowing and recognizing the signs of trouble…

I saw that earlier. The one thing that troubles me though is… were these guns not locked up? I mean seriously Kudos to the parents for taking action just in case for sure, but I would think guns should not be readily accessible to children.

Yeah, that’s something that pooped out at me too. I doubt the kid picked the lock on the gun safe mentioned in the reports. He either had the combination/key or the family never locked it.

And if the kid has access to the locks then the kid’s friends have access to the locks too and the guns. That’s not a knock against a specific kid, just the nature of kids.

I own lots of guns, but this is why I want changes to our gun laws. I wish we could have licensing requirements - and I’d be happy if it just required gun owners to have taken a test showing they know how to properly store guns.

Georgia really needs something. Missouri too given it’s low population and they’re competing with Texas.

Here we go again.

The only defense against a toddler with a gun is a good toddler with a gun. We need to remove any sort of age restrictions on buying a gun.

When you outlaw toddlers having guns, only outlaw toddlers will have guns.

A military guy by the name of Esteban Santiago.

This photo truly is a product of our times.

http://i.imgur.com/74idz1Q.jpg

My in-laws were scheduled to fly out of FLL back to Montreal this evening. They’re pretty freaked out. Their flight has been cancelled, as has everything else supposed to land or take off.

My brother and his family flew back to Montreal today, fortunately they left from West Palm Beach instead of Fort Lauderdale (which they normally would do).

Looks like yet another failure of our military health system. We’re very good at sending people to war, not so good on reintegrating them afterwards. The tragedy of it all is that none of this is new, but no one wants to spend the money, time, or political capital to work on solutions. Far easier to just throw money at procurement and ignore the men and women who use the stuff.

Let’s be honest, the political capital for taking care of veterans is basically zero, but the GOP keeps opposing it for “budgetary reasons” or some bullshit. Even people like McCain tend to.

But when it comes to tax cuts and the like, well the sky is the limit cause those will pay for themselves.

Also, paying for a Giant useless wall is OK now too.

As long as poor people don’t get food or healthcare or education and brown people can be killed for any reason, the GOP will spend endless money on anything.

While it pleased most of the GOP to make fun of the wall during the primaries, all of them are now aware of the collateral benefits of graft from a prime contractor like Bechtel who will be working for a generation on a base $25 billion project that can be expected to burgeon to $75 billion by the time it’s done. Some in particular are from border states where there are myriad local contractor graft opportunities as bonuses on top of the lame job creation claims to be made.

The GOP only cares about mass shootings when the gunman is a Muslim. Then, god forbid, they get all crazy about it.

Mentally-disturbed shooter? Just the 2nd Amendment in action. Fuck off.

Sure would be nice if that stimulus would be going toward something productive instead of a fucking embarrassing slab of concrete.

Like, maybe infrastructure improvements we actually need. Or schools. Or education. Or healthcare.

It’s like everyone forgot the bridges that literally collapsed within the last couple of decades, the endless miles of lead piping that’s probably slowly poisoning a lot of usand how are the levees doing these days?