All-purpose gun legislation thread

I’m guessing jilted white male.

I’ll branch out as a guess of domestic issues related to child custody/divorce, and an adult gone postal.

Sad to hear though.

Damn.

Oh, man. One of the kids died.

Horrible. If you’re going to off yourself, why not just do it?! After that, if you’re going to kill your wife, why not do it at home? Why the hell leads you to go do it at a school and end up shooting kids?!

Evil isn’t a binary thing. This guy was both evil and cowardly in unimaginable ways.

Fuck the NRA, guns, and any fuck tarts (that was autocorrected from fucktards but I like it better) that worship them. I’m sick of seeing kids die because of this shit.

So… is he running for anything higher because he sure sounds like he could, maybe even should.

Dude … Now This staff, quit overlaying music over people talking on videos.

You know what, I’m starting to see these as murder at this point.

I expect none of those to stick, but really they should. If you point a firearm at your child and pull the trigger on purpose you’re trying to kill your child. Hell if you wanted to murder your kid a firearm “accident” is the best way to do it.

Was there a specific reason he wasn’t teaching his daughter about gun safety, and what the hell, there is nothing about gun safety that tells you to point it at another person, not even in jest.

Literally the first rule of any gun safety course is ‘always assume the gun is loaded’

The second is ‘never point your gun at something you don’t intend to kill (because you need to assume Rule 1)’

Guy is an idiot, and would deserve murder charges.

This is seared into my soul. That he did it and then _pulled the trigger willingl_y (it wasn’t an accident, he pointed it at her and pulled the trigger intentionally) is beyond the fucking pale.

Literally the biggest rule in firearms safety, instantly violated in a safety lesson? So basically he has no knowledge of firearm safety. Which is probably “fine” in Indiana, because it’s Indiana.

Jesus Christ. Even in the military we’re taught that any firearm is “always loaded.” Even if you just re-assembled your weapon after cleaning it, you need to consider it loaded and dangerous.

EXACTLY! Even if you know, 100%, that the gun is unloaded, the gun is loaded. Act accordingly. Having been through firearms safety courses I don’t know how this managed to slip his mind.

You’re assuming he ever knew it.

I don’t live in US gun culture land and even I know that.

The gun is just an everyday common tool, no different than a hammer. You just treat it casually like every other common no big deal item in your house, why should you respect it anymore than a hammer?

Unfortunately it’s a great deal easier to kill someone with a gun than with the rest of the common tools in your house. Until the American public agrees, it is what it is.

GOA will talk about it.

Find one of the names mentioned above!