All-purpose gun legislation thread

The bill of Rights is basically there specifically to protect you from cops.

Not “basically” so much as “specifically”.

That’s basically what he’s saying.

Basically literally. But not “literally”.

YOU GUYS.

I mean that it was literally there in the figurative sense

twitch

Objectively that’s a very subjective viewpoint.

It’s singularly multiplicative in that regard.

At least it wont effect you’re viewpoint alot.

NRA TV is officially part of the NRA, right? It’s not some cuckoo indie thing that just uses the name “NRA” to get clicks?

“Right, you know the parallels between what’s happening in South Africa and the blatant racism and violence we’re seeing from people like the Black Lives Matter crowd,” he said. “If we continue to let this get out of control, to go down this path of this racial tension, this racial hatred that is being forced on the American culture by the Black Lives Matter crowd.”

“This has to stop, and if you want to see why it has to stop, you look at South Africa,” he said. “Over — between three and four thousand white South Africans have been killed in the most horrific ways, brutalized, raped, tortured, drug behind cars, had drills taken to them. Some really horrific things.”

Not if they have guns, duh!

It’s the “one gun a month” rule what it sounds like? That you can’t buy more than one gun a month?

Who would anyone ever need to buy guns faster than that?

Depends, if you go to a show or something that comes around once a year you might want to stock up on deals.

Getting 2-3 of them at a show isn’t an uncommon thing by any means.

So at worst it’s an inconvenience. It’s not somehow endangering you, or infringing on your rights.

Probably? I don’t have any strong feelings one way or the other on it, though I do get the people who would. A lot of people only get their guns at gun shows, so limiting them to say one a year effectively, is going to piss them off. Not sure what the “upside” to it would be. Kind of in the “pointless regulation” camp.

Hell, taking a personal angle on it, when my dad died and we had to auction off his collection, a lot of people there bought multiple weapons. He had more guns than people who showed up (or close to it). So I’d have been kind of fucked if this was the law since I held a big auction to get rid of the things, only I couldn’t get rid of them, so I’d have gotten a lot less out of them (since once someone bought one they’d be out of the auction, thus no pressure) and I’d probably be stuck with a bunch of them.

So maybe I DO have a strong opinion on it in that light. Cause that would have sucked ass. It sucked enough as it was, but having to do it 2-3 times with tiny lots to hope to be able to get anything out of it would have been a nightmare.

I’m sorry, I thought I had wandered into an abortion debate by accident.

Oh, Timex.

They should make a Fallout 3 mod where Hillary and Obama show up periodically and take all your guns.