All-purpose gun legislation thread

Apparently at least 24 dead in the Sutherland Springs shooting this morning, including the shooter.

Damn, figured it was 2 or 3…

I mean, I hope this turns out to be a horrible mis-representation, but…

And now CNN saying the death toll is higher than 24.

Well, what can we do really? Clearly it was God’s will. Thoughts & prayers & shit have been sent.

Yeah as you note, by all evidence, the victims of this shooting were actively engaged in thoughts and prayers when a guy with a gun started murdering them in cold blood today.

If today’s casualty lists end up being correct, 3 of the 5 deadliest mass shootings in US history have happened in the last 17 months.

A church in Texas, and no “good guy with a gun” was around to stop this? Sounds too cavalier, I know, but I’m really tired of hearing that argument. Too much to hope that this time it’ll sink in that the more deadly weapons are around, the more people die.

I can’t wait to see Trump’s quick reaction, calling for extensive gun control reform. Should be more than 3x faster than his reaction on the NY murders due to the number of victims, right?

Depends on the color of the shooter and the victims. He’s got to wait to have all the facts on this one.

Also:
https://twitter.com/AynRandPaulRyan/status/927270334646034432

That didn’t take long:

Shooter has been identified. Guessing this is domestic (i.e. estranged husband), his mother-in-law has a mailing address in Sutherland Springs.

ugh web2.0 “news” … needs an editor so badly

“Pregnant women and young children were reportedly among the victims, including the 14-year-old daughter of the pastor, who was out of town when the mass shooting occurred.”

Really powerful statement from Chris Murphy (from CT.) Sorry for the image I don’t have the text link.

Powerful… up until the last two words. Weren’t we just mocking Trump for saying that a few days ago?

Context.

I feel Murphy’s paralysis. All I can be sure I’ll do about it is vote Dems as I typically do, and vote in favor of any sensible gun-control propositions in California. For the rest, America is in the thrall of a gun-fetishizing death cult and we reap what we sow.

Yeah context matters.

Trump was screaming for someone to do something about his impending doom.