All-purpose gun legislation thread

Where do all these high powered wildly fired bullets go by the way? Would be great fun living next to the overzealous gun nut that hears a scary black man or five breaking into their apartment late at night and decides to let loose with his semiautomatic in the general direction of the alleged intruders. Or across the hall, etc.

That sounds like a bolt action rifle fired from a second floor window in a sniper situation would be the best response there.

George Zimmerman

Matt. Damon.

Is this where I should put this.

It’s a local boy and 100% predictable this would happen… but I am not sure if he has legal grounds or not, in this state… maybe. Once again, I didn’t know we were different.

Honestly, the restriction of selling guns to only people who are 21 seems nonsensical to me anyway.

I mean, most of these shooters are over 21. So…?

The high school kids aren’t, where the high school shootings are taking place.

It’s a slippery slope. Once you stop selling to those under 21, maybe in the future they might limit the sale to those over 40.

I can only hope.

Only one kid who did this was under 21, right? Other school shootings didn’t involve an AR15.

Honestly, I’m all in favor of sensible gun control, but this seems like a totally meaningless gesture which achieves nothing of value.

This isn’t just AR-15s. These stores are not selling guns to anyone under 21, all guns.

I guess that makes it slightly less dumb… but still, I don’t really think that the issue is that these people are under 21.

Most of the nuts who do this stuff are over 21.

Most of the nuts that do this are men too so I’m cool with banning gun sales to all males. I mean none of it really matters due to the ridiculous hold the NRA has on the GOP and 'MERICA so…

So I think it was in the Florida shooting thread that I asked, how can they do this for 21 and not say 18… and was kind of treated like wow ain’t she dumb. Now I realize where I formed my opinion, but I didn’t realize the laws were so state specific. I knew about federal laws, and they do go to 18 on some guns, but… I said I thought these stores might be in trouble because they said 21 and not 18.

Don’t you already need to be 21 to buy a pistol? I seem to recall hearing that somewhere.

I believe this is a rifle, and no you do not, for rifles.

Ya, rifles you only had to be 18. I thought you had to be 21 for a pistol.

You’re right but the stores stopped sales of ALL guns to anyone under 21. And apparently the law in Oregon gives this person a unique case because our laws are based on being 18. We’ll see. The only things I am aware of that an 18 year cannot buy that is sold legally here is alcohol and MJ.

Can they rent a car at 18 in Oregon? That is often limited to 25 or over.

Usually you can rent a car at 18, but you pay a large additional fee.

I believe that’s due to the increased risk of letting an 18yo using something so dangerous.