All-purpose gun legislation thread

It’s due to insurance. Yes you can, and I did when I was under 25. In fact I had an accident when I was under 25, and her insurance tried to refuse my rental… they didn’t win that argument.

To be clearer, I rented the regular way too, and they were resistant but couldn’t really refuse. I am pretty sure I was over 21 though for the regular route. I also don’t think rental and purchase are the same. You can buy a car at 18.

You can get a gun in the UK if you REALLY want to, but its fucking hard compared to the US. And our level of gun crime is lower as a result, plus accidental gun deaths and suicide by firearms is way way lower. Even if every US criminal still could get a gun, wouldnt the reduction in firearm suicides and accidental deaths be worthwhile?

Look, don’t go trying to bring logic and common sense into a gun argument. The pro-gun side is immune to it.

I don’t know if it’s the case now but here in New Zealand in the old days the cops used to come to your house to interview you if you were named as a referee on a gun license application

One day in my misspent youth my friends and I were round at someone’s house quietly getting stoned when the police knock on the door…cue the scene from the movie Class where where the students think there’s a drug bust on and everyone starts flushing everything down the toilet etc…

I to this day don’t know Richard pulled it off; stoned and talking to the cops in a house reeking of dope and air freshener about what an upstanding young citizen Stu was…Stu was hiding in a bedroom at the time. Happy days…

Guess I should move to this thread from the Parkland one.

Matt Deitsch
@MattxRed

Matt Deitsch Retweeted Donald J. Trump

Because while you were watching the Oscars, my friends and I were registering people to vote.

#NeverAgain

Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Lowest rated Oscars in HISTORY. Problem is, we don’t have Stars anymore - except your President (just kidding, of course)!

“To every spokeswoman with an hourglass who uses free speech to alter and undermine what our flag represents…Your Time is running out. The clock starts now.”
-@sarahchad_ #MarchForOurLives
489K views
0:42 / 1:07
7:06 PM - 6 Mar 2018

Damn, can’t figure out how to embed the video, but these Parkland kids are good at this…

Yep. Getting into a twitterfight with a bunch of high school kids seems right up there with land wars in Asia.

Michael Udine
@Michaeludine

While @DwyaneWade was at #msdstrong strong. It wasn’t just for photo opps @jaclyncorin @AAlhanti @John_Barnitt @Ryan_Deitsch were taking care of business and seeing where he can best be of help! #NeverAgainMSD @AMarch4OurLives #gratitude

What does any of that even mean? I’m assuming it’s trying to say that NBA star Dwayne Wade did something?

Yeah, that tweet makes me feel old- like I can’t understand the language the kids these days speak. It’s literally just a string of unrelated hashtags and @'s, as far as I can tell. I just can’t even.

Looks like Florida legislators finally managed to pass something - just needs to be signed, vetoed, or ignored by the governor. But of course they couldn’t help but fuck it up by including bullshit about arming teachers, etc.

Seriously just issue a sidearm to every high school student at the start of the semester and replace Social Studies with Marksmanship.

I’m not even fucking kidding. Let’s get our pathology all the way out in the open.

They used to have shooting clubs at school. You’d sling your rifle on your back and ride your bike from home. The body count was horrendous. Blood everywhere.

Heh, not really.

The Florida bill is dumb in various ways, but it seems minimally invasive to anyone 21 or older. As always, get your concealed carry permit to smooth out the process.

He went to Douglas and met the leaders of #Neveragain movement(the listed @s among others), and asked what he could do to help.

In response to the student movement against gun violence, the American Public Health Association has opened access to all of the published research, commentaries, and essays on public health and firearms. that have appeared in the American Journal of Public Health.

I get the technical purpose of hashtags but they aren’t great to read.

I’m sorta glad they weren’t around in other periods of history.

@AbeLincoln just issued #EmancipationProclamation, #beLikeTubman #1863ftw #AntietamStrong

@Dunkirk boatlift gets it done #WithYaWinston #JerryGoHome #NeverSurrender

Score one for complete fucking insanity?