All-purpose gun legislation thread

Crazy aunt Nasim spends her days talking to herself and thinking big thoughts and those thoughts ate her mind.

Also is she switching languages in that video? It sounds like she’s speaking Arabic then Turkish than Persian.

Its all Turkish AFAIK.

Isn’t The Great Youtube Demonetization Apocalypse already a thing? So she got shafted by Youtube and is angry, I can understand. But shooting people for that is completely over the top and unjustifiable.

NRA take one on the chin in Wisconsin.
Liberals just won a seat on the Wisconsin Supreme Court by a huge margin - Vox

Very much so and a lot of people were very angry about it since it directly fucks with their ability to make a living. A lot of people quit jobs to do Youtube full time because they could. Then one day, they couldn’t. Not because of anything they did, but because Youtube can’t be bothered to do anything correctly and just lets it’s mindless bots do it all. So people lost a ton of money, some had to go find new jobs, others started going to Twitch and streaming to make up for the loss, Patreon, etc, etc.

All that said, it’s a pretty big leap from “really pissed off at a company for fucking you around” to “go to said company and start shooting people.”

Yeah, the legality of AWB’s has never really been in question.

Goebbels 101 right there.

Moms need to arm themselves, pronto. Fricking toddlers are just getting too damn dangerous.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/19/us/toddler-accidentally-shoots-mom-trnd/index.html

The only thing that can stop a bad toddler with a gun, is a good toddler with a gun.

We need more babies with guns.

In case people were wondering if students and youth are moving on from the initial energy of gun law reform I have a personal anecdote.

I work in academia and my institution recently had a campus-wide budget meeting. During that meeting students asked the administrators if the investment firm the school contracts to grow the endowment invests in any arms manufacturers or gun industry clients as part of the portfolio. If the answer is yes they are going to pressure the CFO and administration to make changes.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/04/22/604748009/naked-gunman-kills-4-in-waffle-house-shooting
The shooting was interrupted by a Waffle House customer who wrestled away the rifle. Good on that person, who was injured but not life threatening. If I should ever be in such a terrible situation, I hope to have that kind of courage and quick thinking.

Then there’s this little detail

The hero of the Waffle House shooting.

What the fuck!

Well he promised, and he was white so…

Hopefully there is a way to charge the father for something in the end.

The the NRA was right. If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.

I’m not for outlawing guns, personally, but this line doesn’t fit at all. I’m sure it feels good to type, just wanted to let you know you may want to choose a different meme.