All-purpose gun legislation thread

I don’t need your advice. No, wait, I don’t want your advice. But I don’t need it either.

All over the interstate near where i live there are large PSA ads of people being arrested for giving guns or buying guns “for friends” who aren’t allowed to own them (ie, having a felony conviction).

Dang it. And here I was hoping…

That Dad is going to lose absolutely everything to civil lawsuits.

And deserve it.

I mean, yeah. If the father manages to get off Scott free here, there is no hope for ever having sanity in gun laws.

https://twitter.com/AdamWeinstein/status/988580985834033153

Holy shit, the comments! :)

Oh man, that is an awesome reply.

CNN makes a case for the father’s guilt and accountability in the matter:

That Travis Reinking is alleged to have walked into a Waffle House dressed in only a jacket and opened fire is awful, but, no, it’s not shocking. Prosecutors should take criminal action against his father, and if there is no appropriate law under which to do so (although negligent homicide seems to fit the bill) the state legislature should take this opportunity to pen one.

So, too, should the families of the people allegedly killed by Travis Reinking sue his father for every penny he’s worth. They have lost their loved ones — their own lives have been turned to chaos – because of this shooting.

If a getaway driver can be charged with murder, even though they just drove the car, the father should be charged with murder as well.

Doesn’t seem like it would be hard to prove he knew his son wasn’t legally allowed guns. I’m fairly sure the cops would have mentioned it when they handed the fucking things over to him after taking them away from his kid.

I love watching videos of Conservatives destroy their own purchased goods in protest like smashing Keurig coffee makers.

Baby it’s back! Now we have videos of NRA supplicants shooting and blowing up their YETI coolers ($250-$1300) in videos.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/04/29/the-nra-said-guns-will-be-banned-during-a-pence-speech-parkland-students-see-hypocrisy/?utm_term=.6cab3e74b33d

The National Rifle Association has championed the idea of “a good guy with a gun,” but no firearms will be allowed when Vice President Pence speaks at its annual meeting — sparking criticism from Parkland, Fla., students, who say schools should be afforded the same protection.

So the Trump administration doesn’t support the 2nd amendment. That’s what this means, right? I expect due outrage. Right? RIGHT?

Bwhahaha. Hypocritical bastards.

“Liberals won’t like this.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/05/02/georgia-governor-candidate-aims-gun-at-teenager-in-campaign-ad-get-over-it-he-tells-critics/

Kemp appeared to shrug off the criticism, almost reveling in it. “I’m conservative, folks. Get over it!” he tweeted.

“He loves his daughters, values our 2nd Amendment rights, and will be an unapologetic fighter for our families as Georgia’s next governor,” Ryan Mahoney, Kemp for Governor spokesman, said in a statement to 11 Alive.

I’m sure he’s a big proponent of gun safety too and would never carelessly handle his weapon or leave it unlocked, etc.

In fairness, that particular situation is probably safer than most, since he would be able to very clearly visually clear the weapon and know with certainty that there are no shells in it… So there’s essentially no chance of an accidental discharge due to the nature of the weapon, but it still makes me wince because the very first thing that was ingrained into me with firearms safety, and just hammered into my head forever, was to never point any firearm at anything you didn’t want to kill.

Part of my brain is saying stuff like, “What if a shell magically transported itself into the weapon?” I know it’s not reasonable, but my brain freaks out when people point firearms at other folks carelessly.

I mean this is literally what happens every time some moron accidentally shoots someone or themselves, or kids get a hold of their totally safe weapon and kill themselves or another kid, or their mom, etc. They’re always SO safe, visually cleared, etc.

I hate guns in general but even I know you NEVER point a gun at someone unless you’re ok with it being accidentally fired. NEVER.

Yeah, like I said, my brain says the same thing.
I was just pointing out that with that kind of breech loading shotgun, it’s not really possible for there to be a round in there accidentally.