All-purpose gun legislation thread

Well, you have to admit that it’s true that we didn’t have cyberwar in the days of Jim Crow.

Rutherford B. Hayes was the best at Cyber. Lots of people said that.

NRA tripling down on the “First Amendment is evil” play.

James Shaw Jr.
@JamesShawJr9

Meeting the young adults of the Parkland incident so much fire and inspiration in their eyes was a great joy

I think it is pretty well thought out. Certainly fits well with the NRA mantra “it’s people who kill people” I would have happily submitted to license requirement to own my AK-47 back in California.

As I’ve said in one or more of the gun threads. The AR-15 platform in particular is more like the pipe-guns in Fallout 4, highly moddable, so trying to put restriction on the mods is particularly silly, it is like trying to ban screws.

Pretty interesting display:

Exhibit demonstrates how easy it is to access guns by creating a fake exhibit that’s nothing like buying a gun at all.

Someone’s donation money went to something this stupid!

Yeah. I mean it’s cute as a concept, but it’s also pretty stupid. Cause it’s literally not that easy.

“Getting a gun shouldn’t be as easy as renting a bike—but in many cases, it is.”

I mean, it isn’t. Or maybe he buys all his bikes under a bridge in a bad part of Chicago or something.

The funny part is it goes on to talk about how gang members travel to Indiana to buy guns, which is even less relevant to renting a bike 2 feet in front of you.

Anyway, good try.

She’s taking the “Kent Read, Kent Write, Kent State” slogan to heart.

It’s so frustrating to see so many kids go through this nightmare. And I know frustrating is not the right word, but it’s what I feel right now, along with sorrow.

If only texas had good guys with guns to prevent this sort of thing.

So very frustrated with my state and our country at the moment.

At least 8 dead - I’m assuming they’re all kids but we’ll learn more later of course. All so people can jerk off to their guns. Yay.

What’s crazy is there were a few mainstream media reports recently of people shutting down other attempts.

It’s a tidal wave of copycats at this point. Every disgruntled young man that can buy a gun is thinking about it.

They are already reporting the dead are kids. My sons can’t graduate soon enough. :(

As my girls will both be in the school system within the next year+, I’m absolutely terrified of this shit. Seems like it’s only going to get worse.