All-purpose gun legislation thread

This is fine.

It breaks my heart that my 6yo daughter has had to have active shooter type drills in kindergarten.

Now it’s time to have some fun doing what? Mopping up blood?

I guess he saw it as another opportunity to throw paper towels at people.

One, two, Freddy’s coming for you.

Three, four, Better lock your door

Five, six, grab a crucifix.

Seven, eight, Gonna stay up late.

Nine, ten, Never sleep again…

Look at those happy kids getting their graduation gifts!

I just can’t even…

Keller did not immediately respond to a question about why Putnam mentioned 365 applications when the Tampa Bay Times cited “tens of thousands.”

Too shocking to laugh at, even for me.

Death cults gonna death cult.

This afternoon, I received text alerts from my kids' school that they were on lockdown. I thought you might like to know what happens, from the perspective of my 12yo. I just picked her up from school and she was rattled and full of adrenalin.

— Sarah Wine-Thyre 🇺🇸🏳️‍🌈 (@SarahThyre) June 6, 2018

School shooter lockdown drills should not be normal. It just boggles my mind that so many people are willing to make this sacrifice for the sake of a few new laws.

These people have kids, too. What do they tell them?

“It’s OK honey, at least we don’t have to lock our guns in a safe.”

I’m in full agreement that we shouldn’t instill lockdown mentality into our children. More fear to make them run toward government.

Again, it will all seem quaint when brick and mortar schools close down.

The Boomers on my family assure me they had to get under their desks and had sirens. They seem to think this is… remotely the same.

Instilling this kind of abject fear in a young child is a guarantee for emotional issues as they get older.

I had to do this as a kid in the 80s, do they not do this anymore? Genuinely curious since I don’t have kids of my own to ask etc.

I never did and I grew up in the 80’s for the most part.

We just accepted that if a nuke went off we’d all die. Hell, we made fun of the duck and cover crap.

Elementary school in the late '80s and no nuke drills here.

The only time I got under a desk in the 80s was for an earthquake drill.

I remember that my first grade school did, but by the time they consolidated it with the others, in ‘93 or so, it wasn’t a thing.

But they were for tornadoes, not nukes, so the reason we changed procedure was because of revised safety guidelines in response to tornado in Plainfield, by my house.

Yeah, tornado drills regularly. Go sit along the walls in the bathroom. Good times.

Yeah tornado drills were a constant. But our entire town was wiped out by one in 68’ and they were a real threat you could actually survive.