All-purpose gun legislation thread

While that’s true, you can also get access to 3D printers without actually buying one. Friends, local maker spaces, etc. I would be unsurprised to find some enterprising organized-crime types buying some nice printers and setting up shop to provide unregistered, untraceable firearms to their buddies.

Having said all that, I don’t think any of the current government attempts to nip this gun-printing in the bud are a good idea. They won’t help against big crime anyway.

People hand-waved off 3D printed viruses and guns because they don’t pose any greater threat than the viruses and guns that are already freely available.

Which would be totally illegal… and essentially the same as just getting guns and then defacing their serial numbers.

Only they’d be clunky, shitty guns.

Which wouldn’t trip metal detectors, but yep.

What is the threshold for airport metal detectors? Would the firing pin be big enough? I have titanium plates in my head and a titanium rod in my leg and it doesn’t set them off. So I guess a titanium firing pin would work?

tenor

The old school scanners worked off magnetic induction. I think the new ones basically work off density, so they notice your titanium but have resolution enough on the images to say they’re not interesting.

Interesting. Thanks.

Another question. I have a cheap $2.00 ceramic knife from China. It’s like a straight razor. Fold out thing. The only metal in it is an aluminum rivet. Would that be found passing through a metal detector?

Unlikely, but it’d be seen in one of those body scanner things. Same as a clunky plastic gun.

In terms of guns, the thing now likely to trip a metal detector than the firing pin would be the ammunition.

I’m definitely pro-plastic gun. Congresspeople and judges should be as afraid of being gunned down at work as the rest of us.

I’m 99% sure that this is just an attempt to rake in a ton of money for lobbying purposes. Probably takes a lot of cash to fight off angry high school students.

I think you mis-spelled “launder Russian campaign contributions”.

The NRA may soon be relegated to not doing political shennanigans at all, and will only be able to do things like focus on gun safety.

A man can dream.

The Onion
‏Verified account @TheOnion
Cash-Strapped NRA Forced To Shoot Dozens Of Redundant Employees

This story is so all over the place I don’t even know where to put it.

A foster parent of one of the children also said, “The defendant had trained the child in the use of an assault rifle in preparation for future school shootings,” according to the court filings.

Allegations against the suspects come in the wake of the discovery that 11 starving children had been living in a filthy compound in Amalia, New Mexico, that lacked electricity or plumbing.

Authorities raided the compound on Friday as part of their search for Abdul-Ghani Wahhaj, a child with severe medical problems who was allegedly abducted from Georgia by his father, Siraj Wahhaj, about nine months ago.

A boy’s remains were found at the compound on Monday, police said, although it is not yet clear whether the remains are those of 4-year-old Abdul-Ghani.

Isn’t this the first week of the school year?

Some districts in the nation started up at the beginning of August.

But most generally wait until after Labor Day.

Because what we need are more tragedies. And more guns.