All-purpose gun legislation thread

Unlikely, but it’d be seen in one of those body scanner things. Same as a clunky plastic gun.

In terms of guns, the thing now likely to trip a metal detector than the firing pin would be the ammunition.

I’m definitely pro-plastic gun. Congresspeople and judges should be as afraid of being gunned down at work as the rest of us.

I’m 99% sure that this is just an attempt to rake in a ton of money for lobbying purposes. Probably takes a lot of cash to fight off angry high school students.

I think you mis-spelled “launder Russian campaign contributions”.

The NRA may soon be relegated to not doing political shennanigans at all, and will only be able to do things like focus on gun safety.

A man can dream.

The Onion
‏Verified account @TheOnion
Cash-Strapped NRA Forced To Shoot Dozens Of Redundant Employees

This story is so all over the place I don’t even know where to put it.

A foster parent of one of the children also said, “The defendant had trained the child in the use of an assault rifle in preparation for future school shootings,” according to the court filings.

Allegations against the suspects come in the wake of the discovery that 11 starving children had been living in a filthy compound in Amalia, New Mexico, that lacked electricity or plumbing.

Authorities raided the compound on Friday as part of their search for Abdul-Ghani Wahhaj, a child with severe medical problems who was allegedly abducted from Georgia by his father, Siraj Wahhaj, about nine months ago.

A boy’s remains were found at the compound on Monday, police said, although it is not yet clear whether the remains are those of 4-year-old Abdul-Ghani.

Isn’t this the first week of the school year?

Some districts in the nation started up at the beginning of August.

But most generally wait until after Labor Day.

Because what we need are more tragedies. And more guns.

Recently the Palm Beach County school board has been really keen on stating this was not a “school shooting”. Never mind the fact it was at a school football game(apparently right outside the gate), and students and faculty fled for their lives.

Well of course it wasn’t a school shooting, did any school get shot?

A shooting occurred at a high school football game in which people were shot and the stadium evacuated. But, yeah, it had “NO bearing” on the students and staff. Absolutely no relation or relevance to them. It’s like they weren’t even there. Lucky, that.

Except a guy that got shot was the father, purportedly estranged, of one of the players…

Some long-form optimism:

Their focus on voter registration could make a big difference.

Holy crap that article is amazing. Those kids are amazing. This is what American heroes look like.

Now please excuse me. I think I have something in my eye.

I saw this bumped and was worried we had our first major school shooting of the new school year.

I disagree with Jackie, they are superheroes…