All-purpose gun legislation thread

I didn’t know how guns are regulated in Israel, so I googled and found this article: https://www.timesofisrael.com/comparing-america-to-israel-on-gun-laws-is-dishonest-and-revealing/

And the differences are quite profound it seems:

Israelis must meet a detailed list of criteria to be allowed to own a firearm. They must ask the state for a license, are permitted only one gun at a time, and must even ask for permission to sell their gun. And the Firearms Licensing Department is no rubber stamp: Roughly 40 percent of requests are rejected.

Indeed, before even requesting a license, Israelis must meet minimum age requirements, be in good health and of sound mind, and have no criminal record, among other preconditions.

There’s more. Once they are granted the right to carry a gun, Israelis are limited to just 50 bullets in their possession at any given time. They must shoot or return old bullets before they can buy new ones, a process that can only take place at tightly regulated shooting ranges where each bullet’s sale is carefully registered.

I don’t understand how Israeli gun nuts masturbate to completion if they only have access to ONE gun and 50 bullets at a time. It simply defies logic.

This sounds like some reasonable regulation that the gun industry will never abide by, no matter the death count.

And don’t forget that above everything else, service in the military is compulsory in Israel. So all of those gun owners have military training too.

Although this is not necessarily a plus.

It might be a good thing if it is as strictly vetted as they say. They probably have access to military records to help with the approval process. It probably explains why 40% are reject.

I mean to say that military people are not as reliably safe when it comes to guns as we would like to believe. I mean to say it as a former infantryman who has seen fellow soldiers do some pretty damned stupid things with firearms. There’s a reason that soldiers (outside of combat situations) turn their weapons in to be locked away in a safe place, and why no one ever gives Joe any ammunition until he’s on the firing range line: Because everyone knows that Joe will sure as hell shoot someone if you do anything else.

No disagreement, but you probably have a better record of which personal have a history of… Well almost anything compared to civilians. I bet the majority of people aren’t any brighter than servicemen. They just don’t usually carry around deadly ordinance with them as part of their job. Being a moron in a stock room of a store is less likely make the news than being a moron responsible for weapons or tanks.

This could go in a bunch of threads, but since we talked about NRATV here before, this thread gets the honors.

“Thomas the Tank is now bringing gender balance to the show by adding girl trains. Seriously. One of those trains, Nia, will be from Kenya to add ethnic diversity to the show. And – which that by the way, that’s where it gets really strange to me because I’ve looked at Thomas and Friends, at their pictures, and I see gray and blue. Am I to understand this entire time that Thomas and his trains were white? Because they all have gray faces. How do you bring ethnic diversity? I mean they had to paint, what I guess they thought was some sort of African pattern on the side of Nia’s engine? How do you bring ethnic diversity to a show that literally has no ethnicities because they’re trains. They don’t even have skin pigmentation. Where – was there some concern that the show had racist undertones? Because, Sir Topham Hatt clearly is white, but the trains? I mean, I’m looking at this picture and I’m really, really struggling to understand how in the world there isn’t any diversity in any of this. Oh, was it because, I see it. It was the white hoods. And the burning train tracks. OK, fine, fair point. Fair. I get it. Thomas the Tank Engine has been a blight on race relations for far too long. Clearly this is overdue. Right?”

Comedy is hard.

What a stupid, stupid person she is.

Why does the NRA care about the ethnicity and sex of magical train engines?

#Justmallninjathings

Wait, does this make him ineligible or even MORE eligible to someday end up on the Supreme Court? It’s hard to tell these days.

He may have to settle for the Presidency.

Let anyone who has not paid an underage girl 500 dollars to sleep with them to throw the first tone…

I throw a D# major.

I’m pretty sure this tune calls for minor chords.

This is to scale.