All-purpose gun legislation thread

I know, right? Why can’t these Democrats who ran on gun reform platforms and won act more like Republicans? The last thing we want to do is upset gun nuts!

One day everything will be livestreamed, and the gunmen will stop to check chat and read donos, giving victims an opportunity to escape or fight back.

I read he used an extended magazine for his Glock, which is already illegal in California.

Kinda.

It says later he wouldn’t have been able to acquire it since he would’ve been 10 years old at the time.

So banning possession would at least reduce some quantity that exists in the state. Who knows if it would’ve been enough.

“It’s impossible not to bring it home,” said Dr. Haughey, an emergency physician and the director of St. Barnabas Hospital’s emergency medicine residency program. “I never get used to it. It’s tiresome.”

Those experiences fueled angry responses from her and other doctors in recent days to a tweet from the National Rifle Association aimed at their profession: “Someone should tell self-important anti-gun doctors to stay in their lane.”

When Dr. Haughey saw it, she tapped out a reply on her cellphone. “I see no one from the @nra next to me in the trauma bay as I have cared for victims of gun violence for the past 25 years,” she wrote. “THAT must be MY lane. COME INTO MY LANE. Tell one mother her child is dead with me, then we can talk.”

Since the N.R.A. posted its message on Nov. 7, the heavyweight gun rights group has been flooded with more than 21,000 responses. Some replies expressed support for the group, but the bulk resembled Dr. Haughey’s remarks, and many came from those in the medical community.

The NRA going after fucking doctors is why I’ll never give them a dime.

They really need some ultra-liberal Democrats to win some elections because their manufactured enemies aren’t cutting it.

Of course, the NRA didn’t have any problems getting out of their lane by supporting abolishing Net Neutrality.

The GOP has no problem getting into your Lane when it comes to who you can marry, or what gender you are, or what drugs you call so, or what you do with your body.

We need a bill or an amendment outlawing the use of “stay in your lane” because it’s an arrogant, presumptuous, and just-plain-shitty turn of phrase.

Kind of like “stick to sports”.

Phew. I was super relieved to see that one is The Onion.

Their tips in an easier-to-read format:

Every gun owner should know the NRA’s fundamental safety rules so they can avoid being tackled or disarmed in the middle of their deadly spree:

• Stretch before mass shootings to avoid pulling a hamstring or twisting an ankle
  • Guns should always be loaded
  • (Guns should be) held with a finger on the trigger
  • (Guns should be) pointed in the direction of anyone trying to stop a shooter
  • Make sure you familiarize yourself with the venue’s entrances and exits, chaining them shut if possible.
  • Identify restrooms or stairwells where you can barricade yourself and reload
  • Reemerge to make your final stand against law enforcement

There is literally no idea so stupid that these people will reject it in favor of simply implementing any form of gun control.

New plan: send dogs to attack the gunmen.

Pfah, those dogs don’t even have frickin’ lasers.

That is brilliant - it is a little known fact dogs are impervious to bullets.

So… train the dogs to attack kids since that’s the most likely gunman?

Nothing could possibly go wrong with this plan.

You’d think that at least video gamers would be smart enough to know that dogs are the toughest enemy ever created.

Obviously the simplest solution is to force all students K-12 to wear mandatory kevlar bodysuits at all times. Plus it’ll create jobs in the kevlar industry. Win/win!