All-purpose gun legislation thread

Yeah, but the incompetence and mismanagement of the average citizen certainly should. There’s no need for all of us to be in danger of being shot by some idiot vigilante wanting to live out his wet dream of being a gun-toting hero. And more specifically, I definitely want my girls in a classroom with armed teachers or security that are itching to let those bullets fly in their quest for glory.

Army can’t train gun users sure is one hot take.

Right, no problem. I’m happy to have a debate on that.

But saying that citizens shouldn’t be able to do something because some goofball military desk jockeys couldn’t deconflict their training plans is ass backwards!

True, military and/or government incompetence is its own issue entirely. We seem to be reaching an all-time high in that category lately!

This is a pipedream, too. Somehow, unregulated, unsupervised self-training is assumed to be better than a [failed] attempt at formalized training.

Can you find examples of self-trained/private individuals being better than your average cop or soldier? Of course. Can you state, somehow, that the median private gun owner is better than the median cop or soldier? Ridiculous.

Now, if you want to talk about requiring mandatory training, and regular re-training/testing with gunownership, I’m all for that. But as it stands now, the only requirements are proximity to a Walmart, yet that magically leads to “better trained than the military”?

You’re demonstrating exactly my point: the unequivocal certainty, as a gun owner, that you would have done better than those cops/soldiers/whatever in a chaotic situation. Based on what, exactly?

Shooting last night at the place we had our daughter’s bowling /laser tag birthday party last year.

Strangely, in China they have men armed with swords guarding schools.

Bankrupt the fucker

Oh hell yes, fuck that guy so much. More than McConnell even, and that’s saying something.

Hope they get every single dollar that grifter ever makes the rest of his life.

I mean, it’s a start. He needs to suffer a lot more though.

Kills 5, captured alive. He’s a white 21yo kid, no shock there. Link to Fox News so you can enjoy all the commentary from the crazies.

Florida should shut down immigration from (checks notes) Indiana, until they can figure out what is going on.

The comments on that are insane.

White guys with guns get to surrender.

Yup…

Speaking of which, another white murderer of five captured as well:

Looks like a nice kid. I’m sure there’s more to the story.

No doubt suffering from ‘mental illness’. Poor guy.