All-purpose gun legislation thread

That’s almost unreadably awful. I can’t even imagine.

from a few years ago

“Someone needs to be responsible when children kill children with unsecured guns. Gun makers enjoy extraordinary freedom from liability when gun accidents occur, and that means gun owners bear most of the legal burden. Twenty-eight states have what are known as “child access prevention” laws, which impose criminal liability on adults who negligently allow kids to have access to their guns. States with these CAP laws show reductions in both accidental shootings and child suicides. But as Justin Peters has argued many times here at Slate, these CAP laws are almost never enforced, in part because they are vague, and in part because prosecutors have no heart to punish parents who have already suffered unimaginable pain when their child killed another child, often their own.”

Ah religion, guns and alcohol, MAGA!

I don’t think the absence of the gun would have fully prevented this tragedy, but I do think it would of mitigated it.

Guns making it easier to kill, when inhibitions are down, is something we’ve discussed in this thread. Knife=\gun under at least these type of circumstances.

“This edible ain’t shit.”

Five minutes later…

Whenever there’s a school shooting there’s a number of people that tend to wish school shooters would simply kill themselves before going in and shooting up a school (only to kill themselves later anyway), this time they got their wish.

I mean in the list of possible outcomes, this sure as hell beats many of the alternatives.

And chalk one more up to the ‘the sale of guns should be more time consuming and difficult’. As this was a legal purchase.

But Craig, then only the bla…err, bad guys will have guns!

guns

I suggest pistols and 10 paces at dawn!

My understanding is, that while pacing and turning to fire is a thing, usually pacing was to measure the distance. Then the duelists would prepare themselves and fire on a signal.

In what sense is the NRA “cratering”?

You would be surprised how expensive a tailored bulletproof vest is nowadays.

Not me, I saw John Wick 2. Those suits cost him a couple gold coins. Not cheap!

Tactical pants

Well shit, now you’re going to tell me that being the Chief Asshole of the NRA is a gig with a lucrative side hustle, and I’m going to have to call my physiker to help me with the vapors.

You are welcome.

Wife: Honey I got this Sharpshooter Oil. It’s made of arrowroot and eyewort.

Hubby: Well get in here and start rubbin’ it on the damn ammo!

Trying to keep his cold, dead, hands warm?