All-purpose gun legislation thread

Given that the shooter chose a specific “Drag Night” to target the night club, I think the odds for anti-trans radicalization are high.

Colorado Springs is also the ultra-conservative, ultra religious area of the state

Heavy has confirmed that Aldrich is the grandson of outgoing Republican State Assemblymember Randy Voepel, the former mayor of Santee, California. Voepel represents the 71st district in the San Diego area. There were calls to expel Voepel from the state Assembly after he made comments comparing the January 6 attacks to the Revolutionary War. Aldrich’s mother, Laura Voepel, has written posts praising Randy Voepel on Facebook and confirming he is her father.

Aldrich was arrested in 2021 after his mother reported to police he was threatening to harm her with a homemade bomb and multiple weapons, according to the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office. He was arrested after a standoff and charged with six felonies. But he was not prosecuted, records show. The El Paso County district attorney has not commented on why the case was dropped.

So, most likely a member of The Base.

Huh. Huh? Huh. Huh . . . huh?

He’s a white dude in Colorado Springs. Hell, it’s 50/50 whether he gets prosecuted for murdering five people and injuring 25 more.

Who among us hasn’t gotten a pass on six felony counts after our stand off with the Sheriff?

I’m not as hardcore as Evans, but I think there is merit to the idea.
It’s certainly better than showing them in their church clothes or the like that the media trends towards.

proud boys will be boys

Jesus.

And for the first time in the long time I don’t think FTFNY:

Powerful stuff. What a gut-wrenching retelling. We throw the word ‘hero’ around a lot but I don’t know what other word to use to describe that guy.

Is it odd that I see something quentessentially American in a retired Army major and a drag queen in high heels teaming up to beat this guy down?

Yup, that’s at least a Silver Star if he was on combat duty.
I can see the cops handcuffing but why the hell would take an hour to figure out he was the good guy?

The best and worst of us in one scenario. Retired army major and drag queen tag team? Awesome. The fact that they were teaming up to stop a mass murderer shooting up a gay club? Sadly, also very American.

If our government isn’t going to help us, I guess we all need to internalize this new ‘storm the cockpit’ lesson.

This really crosses into the “GOP is morally corrupt” thread, but what’s the over/under that this hero ends up getting doxxed and threatened before the weekend is over?

Some people are already calling him a groomer, for taking his kids to a drag queen show.

Remember when Hillary got in trouble for referring to them as deplorables? She was being too kind.