All-purpose gun legislation thread

Jesus.

And for the first time in the long time I don’t think FTFNY:

Powerful stuff. What a gut-wrenching retelling. We throw the word ‘hero’ around a lot but I don’t know what other word to use to describe that guy.

Is it odd that I see something quentessentially American in a retired Army major and a drag queen in high heels teaming up to beat this guy down?

Yup, that’s at least a Silver Star if he was on combat duty.
I can see the cops handcuffing but why the hell would take an hour to figure out he was the good guy?

The best and worst of us in one scenario. Retired army major and drag queen tag team? Awesome. The fact that they were teaming up to stop a mass murderer shooting up a gay club? Sadly, also very American.

If our government isn’t going to help us, I guess we all need to internalize this new ‘storm the cockpit’ lesson.

This really crosses into the “GOP is morally corrupt” thread, but what’s the over/under that this hero ends up getting doxxed and threatened before the weekend is over?

Some people are already calling him a groomer, for taking his kids to a drag queen show.

Remember when Hillary got in trouble for referring to them as deplorables? She was being too kind.

Case in point:

Posobiec does not speak for the party!

Welllll… except he does. I listed to Ron Filipowski talk on a podcast and he talked about the crazy fringe ideas start in (duh) the fringe. Give it enough time and those wacky conspiracy theories end up on Fox News.

If Major Beatdown wants to take a few swings at ol’ Jack there, I say we give him a free pass.

He’ll have my axe!

And my feather boa!

And my stilettos!

The guy essentially said, he was trying to kill the attacker. I have no problem with this.

“You made us shoot you.”

The problem here is that people like Tim Pool have not had their asses beat like they should.

Honestly I’m surprised they let him go that quickly. It’s a chaotic scene of a shooting with dozens of wounded, bleeding people and several dead. The Major surrendered himself sitting in a pool of blood after having pretty much beaten another guy’s head in.

Sure, the shooter was wearing body armor and there were corroborating witnesses, but the cops would have been negligent in letting the Major go before they were 100% certain that he was not somehow involved. Worst case, they have to apologize for an abundance of caution.