All the Money in the World, but no Spacey

Despite all the drama, the film’s release has moved up by just three days, from December 22 to December 25.

I know it’s only the Golden Globes, and in this instance, any nominations would probably be just thanking those involved for saving the film, but Christopher Plummer’s received a best supporting actor nod. Also nominated were Ridley Scott and Michelle Williams for best director and best actress (drama). The latest trailer offers some brief snippets of Plummer’s performance as Getty.

I think it’s remarkable that not only did Plummer finish shooting his scenes already, but the film was re-edited and submitted for Golden Globes consideration too.

Huh. How often does a movie of this caliber get released on a Monday?

So they got the reshoots done and the movie finished in just about a month. I wonder how much CGI/camera trickery (if any) was involved.

Also, Michelle Williams in those 70’s outfits is giving me a serious Genevieve Bujold vibe.

Let’s see how that went:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5294550/awards

sadtrombone.wav

Did anyone here even see this movie?

No, I haven’t caught it yet, and that’s one of the reasons I’ve held off on making a Best Movies Of Last Year list so far. It’s the “In the Heart of the Sea” of 2017.

I would like to know if Christopher Plummer’s performance deserved all those different nominations, or if he just got it for not being Kevin Spacey and for having a long distinguished career. I mean, this man played General Chang!

I would say he got it for not being Kevin Spacey. Michelle Williams was a delight, but her role didn’t have the emotional gravitas of Manchester by the Sea. And Marky Mark was just phoning it in the whole time. He didn’t even try to make the film a period piece. Plus, the bad guys were paper-thin. The whole thing was just not an Oscar-level effort.