Alliance of the Sacred Suns - if CK2, Stellaris, and MOO3 (Emrich Edition) had a strategy baby

Yes. In fact, I completely revamped the character selection process to allow multiple filters/sorting for skills and current role. You now have a Reassign Action that will allow you to swap people in your Holdings or roles within your government (Primes), as well as ‘assign’ them to a Courtier role.

Awesome. Can’t wait to fire it up again.

Here’s an example of the new Action that lets you reassign Characters.

FYI, Posting the .7.4.0 changelist tomorrow. It is the largest changelist I have ever written. A must-get! 6 pages of changes/updates/fixes!

@Texashawk was this delayed?

He really should spam here more, I just use his twitter’s RSS feed for news.

I know Stee has been working furiously on the game, but I’m waiting for him to finish that guide to the first 5 turns he started a few weeks back.

Theupdate doesn’t appear to be out yet. Unless I’m having some sort of weird problem.

Still nothing. Nor any update since on his twitter for a week. Weird.

@Texashawk you ok?

Per Discord:

Hey everyone! I’m not dead! Just been super busy at work - we’re rolling out a company-changing new initiative and while I hope to be able to do this full-time (soon!) I’m not quite there yet. But I will send the changelog today. Pinkie swear!

Excellent, thanks.

On a scale of Barkley 2 to Total War, with Conquest of Elysium 4, say, a solid 5, how playable is this right now would you guys say? As in, how legible, “complete” (in that I could finish a game with the systems that are in place), etc? It sounds fairly opaque at the moment, but it’s not clear to me how far you can get before petering out, or if you can go all the way (or really what that even entails).

I mean I did just do a Demon’s Souls playthrough, but I guess I’ll sit on this for a bit, thanks. Definitely gonna get it eventually, though.

I will say that the new update adds a TON of features with Intel, Influence, etc. I would highly recommend reading part 1 of the guide I posted earlier if you want to know what you’re getting yourself into. My goal is to produce several tutorial videos over the next several months. The game itself is mostly stable and there are win/loss conditions, but the help and documentation are certainly rough. That’s why it’s 9.99 right now.

Here’s the link to the first part of the guide (note: does not include Intel, but is an excellent overview of the concepts in AotSS) http://www.mediafire.com/file/oqh0u514dhguii4/AotSS_Walkthrough.pdf/file

Will the game starting file that corresponds to the guide be obsoleted with the new update?

Probably. 😵 It’s got a whole new major system included, so yeah. I will try to load it tonight on my system and see if it will work!

In the spirit of making the documentation better, what kept you from finishing the turn?

I know you directed the question at @Shuma but I also couldn’t finish that first turn, because of difficulty in swapping Viceroys. So the new ability to autoswap them should help that. I decided to revisit the game, and the guide, once that is added in.

But obviously Shuma may have had other reasons…

Wow that post is awesome.

Now that is some fantastic feedback that is tangible and concrete. Very valid. I will say that the military and Intel systems will give more of your pew pew but I’m already looking at simplifying the character model, for example the character screen in .7.4.0 has been simplified and I’m working on summarizing the 9 character traits into a Total-War like 2 word description that is more ‘relatable’ to understanding the character’s personality.