Alliance of the Sacred Suns - if CK2, Stellaris, and MOO3 (Emrich Edition) had a strategy baby

Thanks! Me too! 😁
-S

I have boughtened it as well. 😁

Shouldn’t we be waiting for the kickstarter to buy it? To ensure it goes through.

Maybe I’ll buy it twice! 😉

That’s what I ultimately decided to do.

Thank you for your support! -S

The irony is that since I posted on QT3, I’ve sold enough copies of the game to fund almost 3 months of development costs. It’s frankly been amazing and humbling. I’m still waiting on one thing that I can’t really talk about but if it doesn’t pan out I’ll launch the KS the following week with probably a reduced target. But regardless of the outcome, I have a renewed energy to make this game the best I possibly can for your support!!

That’s awesome to hear! I haven’t purchased it yet because I was planning on helping push the KS over the top, so there’s another sale waiting in the wings for you.

And ring-up yet another sale!

Thank you so much!!
-S

FYI, the 3-turn LP is now up on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/EiUVnZkfdEE

It’s about an hour long, but it goes into many of the current game systems and give some strategic thoughts about the game.

Enjoy!

-S

no video? well at least from an Oz perspective?

Try it now. Apparently it had to process for a good while. -S

all good. with thanks good twin

No worries. Enjoy!! -S

FYI, I’m implementing an extensive help system over the next 2 weeks! Details here: https://allianceofthesacredsuns.com/2019/02/17/help-me-rhonda-the-in-game-help-dilemma/

-S

I am soooo looking forward to this!

One suggestion. Somewhere recently you were describing the consequences of taxation, where under 20% you get beneficial reactions, and above 30% negative reactions. imho, this is going to be a problem. Wouldn’t it become a no-brainer to set taxation at 29% or below 20? Never in between. And that seems jarring.

My suggestion is that if you want to keep it simple, you could have a line like this at 25, where harm begins at 26 and benefits begin at 24. But if you want to create realistic complexity, that those already displeased with your governance begin to react negatively to taxation as soon as you raise it over 20, but those pleased with your governance begin to react positively as soon as you drop it under 30. (Ordinary citizens who resist taxes are very often, in truth, resisting the way the money is spent as much as the taxes. The only time I ever howled about taxes was when they went for a war I disagreed with.)

Just my opinion. :)

I would like to see 4x developers challenge the pervasive “taxes are bad” narrative and take a more nuanced and realistic approach to the impact of tax rates. So many games use the low to no taxes results in happy peeps.

High taxes in and of themselves don’t necessarily lead to negative population effects. If the population is receiving high quality services and understands that those services are paid through public funds, they may grumble but not revolt. This assumes the corruption rate is under control, which is another conversation.

One could argue that no taxes could lead to subpar services and a very angry majority of the public. In my small town local government is managed well and we receive very good public services for a community that is not well heeled. We get that nobody else is going to pay for our schools, public safety and infrastructure needed to attract investment and jobs. Only a fool thinks they will get something for nothing all of the time.

Be brave @Texashawk, swim against this “no taxes is ideal” tide.

If pops are divided by income/social class, tax rates can be computed against those and other factors like corruption, so for example, very high earners are more displeased by higher taxes than lower paid earners, given little corruption, etc…

But this is feature creep for something that does not feel integral to the design. So whatever, don’t get distracted!!!

I would like to see a 4x/GSG game where fiat money is a thing (MMT style), or, at least, where money has actual properties of money. Seeing the Gold Bug in space is more than odd.
Still, with other things going on, it isn’t necessarily terrible.