Alliance of the Sacred Suns - if CK2, Stellaris, and MOO3 (Emrich Edition) had a strategy baby

This is looking awesome.

But I sure hope you include a good dictionary of acronyms. :)

Well, I can tell you that the next major update (.9.1) will finally have a full tutorial for every screen, as well as new tooltips!

-Steve

Any chance of a new AAR in the immediate future?

Yes! In fact, this weekend I will be updating the character screen and the comm screen, and after that about 90% of the UI will have been updated, as well as 95% of the content! Look for it next week!

-Steve

Will we be able to buy it Early Access or have to wait until it it final?

It will be available sometime during summer in all likelihood. No final date but I recommend putting it on your wishlist and join the thousands(!) of others who have already done so!

-Steve

Already there!

Thanks! Tell your friends! 😀

-Steve

Hey everyone! I know it’s been a while but I wanted to give an update on the progress of AotSS. Basically, when .9.2 drops sometime next week it will be essentially feature and UI complete for early access! We’re hoping to release in Q3 for an EA release on Steam. The game has come along great and I wanted to post some shots of the updated build. The vast majority of these are in-game. The UI and performance has really come a long way and both myself and my publisher are incredibly excited about what people will think about AotSS - it’s certainly unique! Anyway, on to the gallery:

Updated Science Screens

Update Intel Screens

Updated Economic Screens

Update House Screens

Updated Character Screens

Updated Emperor Screen

Updated Galaxy, System and Planet Screens (Military Command Mode)

WIP of new Stellar Nexus

There’s a lot more I could post (there are 51 unique screens in AotSS’s UI!) but this should hopefully give you an idea of where we’re headed and the progress we’ve made!

I promise I will post more here - I’ve not been very active on social media as we get to the finish line to the alpha version. But I appreciate the great Qt3 community - thanks for supporting AotSS - we’ve got plenty more to give!

-Steve

Probably not a priority but please think of us alter kockers and include an option to increase font/UI size. I can barely make out your tooltips.

Looks good.

Sweet! I guess I’ll start playing when 0.9.2 arrives… finally. ;)

We got you! The tooltips are undergoing a redesign that should help. I don’t know about a specific option but I can tell you that we are making a lot of effort towards the UX side of things!

My tired old eyes thank you

Much improved UI look. The older versions were a mishmash of fonts that just didn’t come together.

Will this be offered as a direct download for those of us not on Steam/Epic/etc?

I honestly don’t know. That’s up to my publisher. I will ask tomorrow however!

-Steve

Thanks! It’s a specific use case - since the lockdowns I’ve been stuck with gaming only on my work laptop. Which means no Steam - although I can install other direct downloads oddly enough. Still, other games like Rimworld have found the model successful.

Will this free you up to make a video guide all the way through?

Absolutely! I can’t wait to show off a new LP with all EA features in place!