Alpha Protocol

I hope Obsidian doesn’t have anything to do with the GI cover. Even the Fallout 3 OXM cover with the BOS stormtrooper was better.

Can we? NWN2’s UI wasn’t exactly stellar.

Cover art is almost always provided by the developer.

It looks like a Bourne novel cover, which I think is the vibe they’re going for.

Only boring.

Everything just kinda looks plain and generic.

I can’t say I’m really excited about this project. It will be interesting to see how much of an RPG it really is, because it sounds more like a hybrid to me. I’m fine with that personally, but I know a lot of people don’t like this trend.

At least it’s something different but the Aliens RPG sounds more fun to me at this point.

Is that a mad-face Adam Sandler?

Are we sure the concept art didn’t get switched between Alpha Protocol and Ben Affleck’s Parkour Challenge?

How do you tell the difference?

There are not enough good spy games in the world. Please make this not suck.

Now, hopefully this is just a GI artist’s take on concept art or something.

Here’s the thing - when you’re going for semi-realistic characters in a realistic settings, you have to do more than a plain T-shirt and jeans. That’s what I fucking wear.

I’m glad Obsidian is finally doing original IP.

Forgettable title and generic hero aside, I could see this being pretty cool. One of my favorite action RPGs ever, after all, was Deus Ex, itself a spy/super agent game.

I just hope it’s not a typical action-stealth game, with RPG elements tossed in — becuase let’s face it: it probably wouldn’t compare favorably to the Splinter Cells and Metal Gears of the world. Anyone ever play the Mission: Impossible N64 game? It was jank as hell, but there were some interesting ideas in there. A more cerebral, hide-in-plain-sight, puzzley sort of spy game might be an interesting approach.

Personally, I hope there is little stealth. How many times did you see James Bond or Jason Bourne sneaking / stealthing in the movies? (For about 5 seconds, before someone spots theme and they start shooting usually)

Unfortunately it’s from Brian Menze … Obsidian’s greatest artist: Fallout2, Icewind Dale, KOTOR2 … wtf happened ?

Agreed. If it is in there, hopefully it’s like being a theif or something, and hopefully they do something closer to Assassin’s Creed’s hiding in plain sight than Splinter Cell’s vanishing in the dark.

Sound-off. Come on, you know you’re out there.

Let’s not. Everything compares favorably to the Metal Gears of the world. Quadruple times a million for any Obsidian game.

I guess he ran out of Awesome! (Or one of the brass told him exactly what to do, and he did it even though was a shitty concept.)

Has anyone heard if you could customize your character any? I know you can’t be female but I hope you can chose the look or something.

In either case, 2009 can’t come soon enough.

I hope you are wrong. Stealth should always be a viable path, as well as straight through the front door guns blazing. This is an Role-playing game after all.