Am I too old for a skateboard?

So when do you get a pair of these, @merryprankster?

Those do look like fun, one death machine at a time though. :)

I’m 53 and was trying out skateboards at my local Sports Authority 4 months ago so I could find one that would be good for my son.

Wasn’t thinking about how waxed the floors were and after a few runs, leaned back a bit too far and went flying.

Fractured my right wrist in 3 places and 4 months later, still am not ready to start lifting much. Sucks as I’m buying my first house in a few months and the woman is a bit miffed.

Still, with my cast on, I went back in the store, hopped on the same damn skateboard and did one last run with it…screw you bone breaker.

If my skate videos weren’t pathetic enough for you here’s some carpet boarding:

Slight departure to accommodate the wintery weather.

https://youtu.be/7EIyYsJ7b6A

Woah, those are cool. Though I guess you can’t really give yourself speed easily, can you, since pushing with one foot requires you to flip it up to your hands or something. Otherwise I’d love a pair for my commute!

Upping my indoor skating game!

Now do that while practicing with that new fight stick!

I’ve never heard anyone describe something 30 minutes away as “up the road” before. I guess you were talking about 30 minutes by skateboard?

Spring has sprung and a middle aged baffoon’s fancy turns to skateboarding.

Hey boarder peoples,

what do you guys think of the Ridge (or more expensive Penny) mini boards? I love the idea of the 22" size, and have seen teens around the neighborhood zooming by on them, they might just be the perfect commuter board since it’s so small… my feet are US size 9, would there be enough space to comfortably put my other foot up, or should I resign myself to five more inches on the 27"?

I’m thinking of throwing a strap around the front to stick my foot to the board like a skate. Old hockey instincts die hard.

Wow, full circle. Retro is right; that does look exactly like the board my grandmother gave me back in the '70s. I think she might have been tweaking my mom, who hated the thing.

It fit my kid feet fine, of course. But from what I remember, it was a lot harder to control than the bigger boards that came later. Stance might be an issue?