Amazon, Chase, and Berkshire Hathaway Creating Joint Health Care Company

Especially this quote in the article from Buffett :

“The ballooning costs of healthcare act as a hungry tapeworm on the American economy. Our group does not come to this problem with answers. But we also do not accept it as inevitable,” Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway chairman said in a statement.

Man for a second I thought Prime users got free WaPo access. Looks like just a trial.

I can’t help but click their catchy headlines in my Google News feed.

Really? Aw shucks what a shame. I subscribe to the WaPo digital edition but thought I had another subscription option on tap with my Prime. Bummer

Back in twenty aught sixteen, they offered some subset of Prime subscribers a free year of WaPo digital, which I took em up on. When it expired near the end of last year, I kept on at a discounted monthly rate cuz hey, journalism, right?

You come from the far future. Tell us. Is Trump dead yet?

Listen you don’t you tell me how to render old timey style numbers like some kinda, uh, professional old timer!

edit: also, no, but he is on his 4,009th wife now.

BLACK
FADE IN
CRAWL

IT IS THE YEAR 20016

ESTABLISHING SHOT
Space, a flash, the limb of a planetary body? No, it is the SCORN THRONE, a massive space station manned by the God Emperor Pen Blade

At least everyone’s past calling me Arm And Open Blade.

Even if my AIM font of choice used to be red Comic Sans MS on a black background.

I’m picturing Armando’s face on a sandworm now.

Save it for the “Tell Us Your Fetishes and Sexual Fantasies (that are interesting)” thread, Rich.

All over it, man. :)

I agree.

Both Buffett and Jamie Diamon have been vocal critics of health care in the US for a long time. The three companies combined have 1.2 million employees second only behind Walmart and probably provide more healthcare benefits than Walmart. Berkshire is the best insurance company out there, not only GEICO but a huge re-insurance business and JP Morgan is arguably the best bank. I’m guessing that between the 3 companies they have employees in all 50 states so that any solutions they develop will have to be nationwide.

It is interesting the new company is non-profit, so I can envision other companies being allowed to join. While I mindful that both GE and Intel’s health care initiatives failed miserably, I think this is the most promising thing I’ve heard for American healthcare in many years.

Very interesting read
https://stratechery.com/2018/amazon-health/