Amazon Echo - Siri thing from Amazon because their phone bombed

Oh, I dig the touch part of that thing you mentioned, VERY much. Especially roasting chicken so much around the house and worried about cross-contamination. Trust me, I’ll look into how much it’s discounted during the sale.

YOU HAVE GIVEN ME NO REASON TO TRUST YOU

Touch2O stuff alone without the Alexa integration can be had a good bit cheaper, FYI.

It dawned on me that a great addition to Alexa would be an ability for her to tell you when your orders are arriving by telling you what day, or on the show versions, displaying upcoming orders.

Perhaps that’s a skill already somewhere?

Update:
Well damn. She’s been able to do that for a while. “Alexa, where’s my stuff?”

Yeah I get a text card on my Show on the day I’m due to receive a package from them.

Ooh, that’s nice!

must not be tempted to get one. must not be tempted to get one. must not be tempted to get one

Google has always been able to do that if you let it.

My phone does this. I think it’s the Amazon shopping app.

Yep the phone will send you notifcations also. I just set up my echo’s in the house to allow notifications, they glow yellow when a message is waiting.

My issue with the notifications on Echo is the packages. Seems like I get notified every time someone in the warehouse touches the package.

Or maybe I order too much stuff from Amazon.

This kinda feels like it belongs in the “What Could Possibly Go Wrong” thread. “Alexa, tell Cortana del /F /Q C:\*”

“Alexa, tell Cortana I do not want to use fucking Bing.”

So say we all

I think Windows is getting the bargain in this one. The only reason Cortana is not disabled on this machine is I think they removed the easy way to do that with some update.

If you right click the Cortana icon on your task bar you can hide it. :)

Yeah I’ve worked my way around it, but remember when they had a slip on/off slider and then they just… took it away with some bs reason. Now compare that to Amazon where I chose to deal with Alexa… that’s a big difference.

Never did I want a like button more than right now.

“Our evil microphone is non-negotiable!”

The cube is pretty pitiful. Maybe they should focus on what they’ve already released.