Amazon Original Pilot - The Man in the High Castle

Yeah I finished the season, was glad when Julianna slashed Joe’s throat. FINALLY! Stupid Nazi sympathy in the show bugs the shit out of me. Also, when did this show turn into Stargate?!? was expecting sci fi Egyptians near the end… spoiler? Was kinda troubling to see the SoL fall… so sad…stupid Nazi kids.

You really think there’s sympathy for the Nazis in the show? I don’t see that. Maybe John Smith because of his son and all that, but that was more last season. I think he’s gone all in now.

Don’t get the sympathy angle either.

John Smith is “all in” because its the only way to protect his family.

He’s sympathetic in a way. He’s a father that wants to protect his family.

He’s just well written and complex. Doesn’t make him less of a monster at the end of the day.

Joe was far more of an “issue” on that front, but his character was also all over the place. He was a double agent that had doubts, then suddenly had no doubts at all! His loyalties and motivations careened around like a BB fired into a trash can.

His change in motivation makes sense given the process he went through.

Agree, the problem in getting it across is they went through his “breaking” quickly on screen even though he was interned for months.

It does in the end, but he went through it before that several times as well.

I can’t really tell from the article; was the show set to be done after Season 4, or did the rug get pulled out? The article mentions the word “cancellation”, so I’m assuming Amazon cancelled it, but they glossed over that part.

I’d hate to see the show forced to rush to its conclusion.
And I’d have loved to see at least a few more seasons.

The 3rd season aired last year. The 4th season premieres in the fall and will end it there. It appears it’s already been filmed, so hopefully they wrapped it all up.

Here’s the teaser, released today.

Slightly disappointed. I’ve enjoyed the show with the 3rd being not as good as the first two though. Hopefully the producers/writers knew this could happen and can give a solid ending and not a cliffhanger that’s never answered.

I’ve seen some interviewers with the writers/ showrunners, and this is a conclusion of the series, not a surprise cancellation.

I’m good with that. Honestly, I wouldn’t have minded a surprise in that we didn’t hear about it being “cancelled” for a while. It can make a story really compelling if you’re watching it and then you’re caught of guard and realize: “oh shit, that’s how it ends.”

I watched the pilot tonight.

Wow. I can’t believe how dense this show is. This was like a high budget movie. It had several locations, lots of characters, and quite rich in the amount of detail in how it paints the Nazi and Japanese portions of the former United States.

For some reason I was picturing a low budget show that makes do with mostly indoor scenes and dialog (which I wouldn’t mind actually, I love those kinds of shows). But it’s interesting to see this big production. Good god, there’s a LOT of content here though. Several seasons’ worth, and each season is a lot of episodes. I didn’t realize I was in for a Game of Thrones style marathon if I wanted to catch up with this show. Maybe I’ll restrict myself to only one season this month.

Don’t lose that picture, because you will definitely see some of that in season 1 - they spent more money and time on the pilot than the rest of the season. But both season 1 and 2 are quite good and worth watching, tough. (Season 3 - well, we’ll see how it all plays out in the final season 4.)

Speaking of Season 4, this dropped on Wednesday

Yes!
I’m reading that November 15 is release day.
Love the show. Seasons 1 and 2 were beyond excellent. Season 3 was merely excellent, but made me hopeful that the 4th will ramp things back up.
Disappointed that the 4th will be the last though.

Yep can’t wait to see how this all plays out.

I like the show allot but happy in a way that it is ending. Not every series has to go and turn into The Walking Dead. Tell the story, have the climax and say ‘The End’.

Season 4 is now up on Amazon, a day early for me, but there it is.
I am however forbidden to watch it without the gf being here, and she won’t be here until Saturday.