Amazon Pharmacy

Please explain. Because I am interested in this. They make you sign up. Before they tell you the terms of the service?

That is what I was told.

This is just a tad out of my realm but it’s in the same ballpark. Pharmacies shouldn’t be able to charge patients differently. The base charge should be the same and they should be able to tell you that over the phone or at the counter. This isn’t like a procedure where they can say well we don’t know what the physician will order or what else will be done, a drug is a drug. Where you might run into trouble is the co-pay, without running the insurance it is unlikely they can give you a price after your insurance negotiated the rate. So base price, and cash price yes, co-insurance or co-pay without prescription in hand, likely no because the plans are so, so different.

There are a couple of sites like SingleCare that can give you basically the cash price which presumably might mean a lower price for the insurance piece too which often puts places like Wal-Mart or some others ahead of their formulary includes one of those generic / 4 or 5 dollar drugs which are designed specifically to make a select number of drugs very, very cheap.

Here is the important thing to do know though, for basically anyone that might have or one day might get access to Amazon Pharmacy… Amazon is an industry mover. When they do something, the industry tends to respond and move with them or occasionally die trying to combat them. So even if some of us can’t or won’t use them today, you never know how this might change what you’re using today.

Nothing in healthcare is super easy to price compare, but drugs is one of the easier ones to do it with.

My personal issue is for mail order, I’m only allowed to get it from one place, currently.

I get discounts on some of my prescriptions by getting three months at a time, though, through Caremark mail-order. Pillpack specifically told me they would not do multi-month orders.