Amazon Prime Video’s Upload by Intel Oscar Mayer

Not me! I’m glad that there are limited series like Unorthodox being made, but I also really dig serialized stuff that I hope will be around for years and years to come. I grew up on M.A.S.H. so it just seems right to me that creators be given a chance to do their thing as long as they want. I just hope that if things every get stale, they’ll know when to pull the plug.

I agree!

The greatest thing about the modern TV landscape is how it allows for varying lengths in the running time of an episode, the number of episodes in a season, and the number of seasons in a series (including infinite, like SNL or The Simpsons.) It’s become a pure storytelling medium.

I keep thinking how relieved editors must be that they don’t have to cut a show into exactly 22 or 43 minute packages. Of course, that freedom sometime leads to lazy editing, but that’s a fair price for letting the masters craft their piece the way they want it. I’m also (usually) glad to see when a cable network lets folks like Vince Gilligan or Sam Esmail run their episodes over the usual one hour mark when needed.

Man, this thing is great. Just started it yesterday and I’ve already binged up to ep 7. With the short runtimes I’ll probably finish it tonight. There’s all sorts of great things going on here, but one that jumps out to me is what a great job the supporting actors are doing. Nora’s dad, the AI guy, Nathan’s niece, and most especially Aleesha.

But MASH didn’t have mysteries and cliff hangers. Every episode was self contained. Series that have whodunnit elements are different IMO.

There is one thing that bothers me. In a show with “Intel Oscar Meyer”, how is it that I haven’t heard a “wiener inside” joke?

Well, we finished the show over the weekend. Loved it! Except for the last two episodes, and especially the very last one. That sucked.

That is an extremely important question. Thanks for asking!

We just finished this and I’m in concurrence here. Even though I enjoyed it up to the 9th episode - because the acting really seemed off for me. And the whole party thing with Nora using Byron was off-putting.

I’m fine with a series that continues - with known boundaries and a really cool concept like Upload, it’s a shame if they keep the mcguffin going beyond season 2.

We’re going through this now and loving it. On episode 4 and there’s just so much going on and the eps fly by.

Haha that’s actually the show’s biggest problem–it is too darned short.

My family binge-watched his over the course of a couple evenings. Loved it. Great stuff, though the cliffhanger kind of annoyed us.

Here’s what I think we know:

Nathan agreed to sell the code to Ingrid’s father for enough money to take care of his mom and maybe some other stuff. We didn’t see him handing it over, but we’ve got him saying that it happened. What happened to that money seems to be an open question.

For reasons still unexplained, Ingrid’s father decided to have Nathan killed and Ingrid was aware of it. She made sure he was in the car at the proper time (remember she asked him to pick her up something and take his car), but for some reason (presumably because she cares for him) she chickened-out at the last second and set his car to “Prioritize Occupant” in order to… sort of save his life.

But she CAN’T actually let him live because that will mess up Daddy’s plans. So she arranges for him to be killed and Uploaded, by bribing or otherwise messing with the hospital staff to make Nathan think he’s about to actually die when in fact he was improving.

Here’s what I still have questions about:

At this point, it’s logical to assume that Ingrid or Daddy arranged for Nathan’s memories to be deleted. It makes sense that it would be Ingrid, since she’s the one responsible for his consciousness still being around – this way Nathan is “dead” for Daddy’s purposes, but alive enough for Ingrid’s.

But even though Ingrid has the motive, we haven’t been led to believe she has the ability.

We also don’t know who hired the bad guy to try and erase Nathan and kill Nora. You’d think that Daddy might be behind that, but it’s also implied that Daddy arranged to get Nora her job back, and that wouldn’t make a lot of sense if he were also trying to kill her.

Nathan and Nora don’t think that Daddy has the resources to do everything above, and I guess we have to take their word for it, since he seems pretty rich from our point-of-view.

Also, I don’t think Ingrid actually Uploaded. That just doesn’t seem right – I suspect that we’ll get that walked-back in S2E1.

I ran across this this weekend. I devoured it. I don’t have anything to add that hasn’t been said here except I really like. Great writing and acting. (It’s particularly good to see Kevin Bigley and be reminded of how much I miss Sirens.)

Nice! I really liked this show, and Andy Allo is easy on the eyes.

Oh man, this is great! I thought this show had been a casualty of the 'rona. Glad to see it will be back soon.

Nice! This is a fun show. I’m up for more.

I finished Season 1. Great show. But it really caught me off guard that the season ended without a real resolution to the central mystery.

Season 2 coming March 11 so you don’t have long to wait to pick it up again.

Season 2 became available this past Friday. Only 7 episodes. Just as great as the first season, though there were two instances where I double checked the episode that was playing because it felt like I had missed an episode. Also, the finale felt more like a mid season finale than a season finale. I really hate cliffhangers. They better get a season 3 and it can not come soon enough.